Thread: Emaxx brushless

RC Racer

Emaxx brushless

I'm thinking about buying a used brushless emaxx. I've had t-maxx before and loved it. What will I expect to break on the brushless systems. I know it's more power. What would I expect to pay? I haven't seen one one here for a while and don't remember what it went for?
    Thanks!

RC Competitor
    You really can't predict what your going to break until it happens
    Drive it like you stole it

RC Champion
    In the 2 years i had mine i have only broke 2 rear shock towers, and 4 bent shocks. I do not bash hard either. Both times was accidentally my finger did it all, lol. Not to start any wars, but i do like the e-maxx over the e-revo strictly because of easier tear down, and rebuild. I do have both. peace
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    When i get any new model i always get a set of front and rear arms, turn buckle ends, a spare shock shaft and shock end. That is normally the most common parts that people break. For the emaxx i would also get a set of front and rear bulks, spare diff and maybe a pack of shock caps.

Hope this helps

RC Racer
    You will break the samethings you have broken on your's t maxx. The e maxx has the same weakspoots as the t maxx. buy rpm arms, rpm skideplates, rpm bulckheadbraces, rpm shocktowers some people like them others do not and finaly rpm bulckhead I have boken one but they are better than stock. The other options is aluminium flm, or an other product. Centerdrivelines shold be upgraded also to steel.

RC Racer
    Yes definitely upgrade to rpm . My little cousin drove my brushless emaxx full speed into a tree and didn't break or crack anything . Everything on my truck is rpm. Only stock plastic is blks and chassis/braces . But just the other day I destroyed the front center drive shaft. It seems to be just a touch to short. I think traxxas should make the lenght adjustment a couple mm longer. IMO have fun if u get it

RC Racer
    Ok guys I traded for a brushless emaxx. Mint condition with all traxxas metal drive shafts and axels. Is it smart to have it all metal? If heard mixed things.

RC Champion
    i would do aluminum bulkheads and shock towers. You can get a full set of 7075 Unlimited Engineering shock towers for $17 right now. Great Assembly makes the best available bulkheads on the market. You could then do rpm arms and skids and have a strong emaxx.

it looks like it is just for a single tower but actually its for a full set with shock standoffs. I ordered two thinking that and received to complete shock tower kits.
    http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/10119.html

Great Assembly 6061 Bulkheads with braces.
    http://www.greatassemblyrc.com/6061_T_6_Bulkheads.cfm
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Champion
    SLW, I think you got a deal or somebody messed up because i bought the knuckle head towers from ue 44.00 for 1 pr. w/hardware?
    gb77, You might want to think about some alum skids and chassis braces. Ive seen a few trucks on here in two pcs.

RC Champion
    I guess I got a deal then!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer