Thread: better tires

RC Competitor

better tires

Just got my xo-1 and trying to find stickier tires for it. everytime i go to stop the tires lock up and i just end up sliding forever.

thanks.
    Brian

RC Champion
    I just ordered a set of GRP tires. I know they're shorter, but I have heard great things about them and going to give them a shot. One thing you can do to control wheel spin is to install a slipper clutch. Works very well in testing so far and controls wheel spin going forward and wheel lockup when braking. See my thread titled XO-1 slipper mod.

RC Competitor
    Yeah like take off is alright but once i really get into it it will just spin out. I ordered a sway bar kit for it. the GRP tires are those foam?

I found some OFNA 1/8 DM-one spec E tires anyone running these?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-05-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    The grp's are rubber belted with a tread pattern. I'm not sure about the ofna's.

RC Competitor
    The ofnas are belted with tread too. The only reason i ask is GRP is unavailable though my work but i can get the ofna tires.

Nevermind i found that pro-line road rage tires are the same height but a smidge narrower in the rear which shouldnt be a big deal.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-05-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Are the prolines belted?

RC Competitor
    sadly no.... But the ofnas are belted so i might order those in. Im just worried about the compound i hope its a little softer than the stockers.

RC Champion
    Are you going for speed runs or just general lower speed running? I've just never seen the speed run guys run the ofna's.

RC Competitor
    I will only go all out not that much i got it up to 79 today and got super nervous. I have noticed if i whip a few donuts and stuff to get the tires warm they handle a lot better. once i got that new tire gunk off they are actually not that bad.

RC Champion
    Yeah the stock tires do get sticky as they heat up.

RC Champion
    Got the GRPs today and they are sooooo much shorter than the stockers. Not sure if they'll work. They might be too short.