RC Qualifier

Has anyone installed a MM2 and 2200kv motor

I've seen a few of these on youtube and I just did a castle upgrade to my Stampede. MM2 and 2650kv motor. It's awesome and I love it. Has anyone done this to their Summit? If so, how do you like it? what are a few things that I should be aware about?

RC Qualifier
    I didn't do it, but I have heard that you need to be careful or you will be replacing parts. And the diffs don't like brushless power. And remember you have a 13lbs missile if you go too fast. And the stock tires BALLOON badly under brushless power.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 07-05-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Qualifier
    And it has a high center of gravity.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

If you want precise crawling that setup is not ideal.if you just want fast that will do the job quite well

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. Thanks guys

RC Racer
    I have the MMM2(mamba monster 2) and I LOVE IT. It crawls great and has plenty of speed. I have it geared 14/
    68. I would suggest it!

RC Enthusiast
    I also have this and have not had any problems or broke parts.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, the videos I've seen show the Summit crawling easily.

RC poster
    I'm running the MM2 with OEM gearing and 3S-power and it is plenty fast for me. You really can't use all the power. I haven't even found top speed yet.

The Canyons are not suitable for this set-up; IMO - the only reason to do this mod' is for speed; that's why I did it. I'm running some shorter-wall tires and those are a lot better on the street.

Crawl-wise- it's not bad. I've played with the Castle Link and it cogs a bit, and isn't as controllable as the Titan, but I kept that motor so I can switch when I want. I really just wanted to do wheelies, and bought the MM2 at pretty much the same time as my Summit and didn't know it did wheelies stock, lol. Anyways - MM2 is not for crawling; it works, but isn't as good. maybe a sensored BL would do better.

I love it. If you have the $$$, you can't go wrong. I finally broke a axle shaft because I was jerking around, but I consider it a fuse, so I don't care. Adjust that slipper though...

RC Racer
    I use the MM2 & the 2200 motor geared at 18/68 on 6s...... lots of power of course. It climbs well and have plenty of speed. Ran thru fairly large puddles and where almost everything is submerged and had no problems. Esc fan and castle blower fan still work after being in the water. I haven't had issues with my diffs or the half shafts but a large and small bearing inside the tranny just failed other wise it awesome ! I just need to rebuild the tranny and I'm going again, hopefully I can find some metal tranny gears if they make em, don't think it need though.
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

With any system that has this much power the slipper adjustment and throttle management are very important.

Also, don't get aggressive with throttle while the diffs are locked.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    With any system that has this much power the slipper adjustment and throttle management are very important.

Also, don't get aggressive with throttle while the diffs are locked.
    Wow only 100 posts and someone has an avatar.

Welcome aboard Tireslinger
    Last edited by noir 522; 07-30-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Wow only 100 posts and someone has an avatar.

Welcome aboard Tireslinger
    Thanks! Been around a while, just have not had time to post much.