RC Qualifier

Summit with Proline Tubular Roof Rack and F11 Wheels & Mudslingers

I have been following a few threads on here, and started the Proline Tubular roof rack thread. So now that I got all my goodies in the mail thought I would throw up a few photos for those that are interested in seeing what the combo or individual items look like.

I am so happy with the results. Adds a bit of scaler realism to the Summit that I was looking for. I realize the spare tire on the roof is wildly out of scale with the mudslingers but it is just there for effect. The Proline roof rack fits on top of the roof of the stock summit like a glove! Seems well built. Has holes to attach proline lights or just help you strap stuff to the rack. The tools you see up there are from proline accessory pack #2. Just used zip ties to strap them on. The rope you see is just household twine from Home Depot. The black rope holding the wheel on the rack is just the same household twine that I painted black. The wheel is a short course traxxas tire wheel combo off and old slash I have. The whole rack attaches with just four screws below so it is easy to take on and off depending on the kind of bashing you want to do. We'll see how the long term duribility goes I will report back here and chime in with more info. When this bad boy flips over there will be alot of weight coming down on that rack so we'll see how long it lasts.

As for the Proline F11 3.8 wheels I really like the look of them with the Mudslingers. Really adds that mean scaler tire look. Really increased the clearance of the truck. Haven't had a chance to crawl with them yet but running them on flat surfaces and grass in front of my house has been way better then the stock Canyons. Will be hard to beat the Canyons rock crawling though. Well see how that goes especially when these get broken in. I did gear cut the foams so that should help.

Ok here are the pictures for those that are interested. The extra headlights you see are from an extra traxxas light bar that I had that I cut apart and shoe goo'd into place of where the sticker headlights are now on the summit. I also pointed two LED's down at the area of the front tires from under the body to help aid in night crawling.

RC Qualifier
    Looks awesome! Ive always had a tough time getting my scale stuff to survive in the roof rack. When these things roll they crush stuff! Your spare tire should help soften the blow.

RC Champion
    The mudslingers look sweet on the F-11's. Your truck looks sweet.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    What size of spare tire

Sent from my iPhone 4
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Plus you have a built in roll over bumper now in your spare.
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the comments really appreciate it. I am loving the semi scale look.

The spare tire size is just your standard short course wheel and tire off a slash. 2.2 size I think? Fits in the rack like it was almost designed too.

Yeah I agree with the comments on the spare tire softening the blow of roll overs. At least in theory it makes sense to me. Hope it works in the field as well.

RC Qualifier
    Would you mind throwing up a link to the location of what you bought. I think I would like to order one and want to get the right one. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Would you mind throwing up a link to the location of what you bought. I think I would like to order one and want to get the right one. Thanks.
    Yeah..no problem. I assume your referring to the roof rack? It's this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCRCK

If you need any other links just let me know.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet Lookin' good!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. I really like the combo of the wheels and tires with the roof rack.

Ran and bashed it hard yesterday evening. Flipped it numerous times at speed and everything has been holding up so far in the roof rack. I think the spare tire may be helping so far.

RC Racer
    That is a bad *** looking SUMMIT, the roofrack looks exceptionally superb on the SUMMIT's great work
    ^^Summit Kawasaki Edition and E-revo VXL^^

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown_Summit View Post
    Yeah..no problem. I assume your referring to the roof rack? It's this one:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCRCK

If you need any other links just let me know.
    Thank You I just ordered it. Should be here soon. Thanks for keeping us updated, the photos really helped me to decide to get one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxstar View Post
    That is a bad *** looking SUMMIT, the roofrack looks exceptionally superb on the SUMMIT's great work
    Thanks man I really appreciate it!! It's amazing what a few small changes can make. Although the Mudslingers are not small in any way. I just love the balance of everything. Little bit of scale mixed with a little monster summit works well I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Thank You I just ordered it. Should be here soon. Thanks for keeping us updated, the photos really helped me to decide to get one.
    No worries...glad I can help. Hope it works out for you like it has to me. I still have room to add the proline gas can and ice cooler on the rack. Will be buying that next month to finish the rack off.

Post up some pictures when you get your rack mounted. Would love to see the finished product.

RC Qualifier
    just a quick update. The roof rack and proline scale tools in it are all handling rollover abuse just fine, except for the high lift jack. The base plate snapped off during a violent high speed roll over. the rest of it is fine though so it is still mounted and looking good still. Roof rack is still intact. I think the spare tire up top is indeed aiding in the crash resistance.

RC Champion
    I recently sold one of my summits to a friend and I showed him the pictures of your truck and he really liked those scale items so he went out and bought a few kits and the roof rack.
    I had no idea those items were so expensive.
    He bought the kits with the shovel, axe, jack, fuel can, grill, propane tank, beer keg and the roof rack.
    I think it was over $100 for those items.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I can believe how much proline gets away charging for these. I actually spent some time looking for low cost replicas in the toy isle of a couple local retail and dollar stores and came up empty. Finally gave in as well to get the look I wanted

RC Qualifier
    Try the dollar stores i scored a bunch of scale stuff that come with some cheap wrestler dudes also found som expanded metal pen trays that would work as roof racks.
    Got some bolt cutters and a ladder too and everything was a buck!

RC Qualifier
    Coooooooool
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaxion911 View Post
    Try the dollar stores i scored a bunch of scale stuff that come with some cheap wrestler dudes also found som expanded metal pen trays that would work as roof racks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaxion911 View Post
    Love the saw and rounds,ready for camping....lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    OK....longer term update.

I have had all these items on the roof of my Summit for some time now (see the original post date).....and I have been bashing hard. Flips and landing on the roof.....slow roll overs while crawling and landing on more sharp edged rocks...and either I have been really lucky or these assessories and rack are made really well...because nothing has broke.

Now I have zip tied down everything to the rack really well...there is no movement in any of my accessories. I still have all thr original items on ther rack and now also have the chainsaw pictured in the post above (thanks for the idea...i finally did find it packaged with a wrestler figurine at the dollar store) and not one has broke or fallen out. Once again I think the spare tire is helping cushion the blows.

Anyway...hope that helps you out there if anyone is considering these scale items to add to their Summit. I hope to post up some videos of more crawling with this setup in the next few weeks.