RC Qualifier

Just installed MM2 in my Pede

Well ladies and gentlemen, it seems as if I have solved my pede problems ( knock on wood ). I installed a MM2 with a 2650k motor today. Had to move things around. ( I can show pics if interested ). But it's installed and it's vicious. Before I ran it, I put a cage on. Man ol man, that cage is a must if you are running any Castle Creations ESC/motors. My Pede will flip at full punch at 45 mph. It's sick fast and extremely powerful.

Enough of that for now. I DO have a question.. On the esc there is a red/black wire... what is that for? also, my fan does not turn on, is that because the esc is not hot?

here is a pic.

RC poster
    woah sounds like a torque monster. Do you have a wheelie bar to reduce the back-flipping?

The fan wire needs to be plugged into the receiver. The black wire should be plugged in alignment to the brown wire of your MM2, which usually is the outer pins on the receiver

I'll bet its a beast.

The fan on my newer MMP only turns on when it gets warm. And the fan needs to be plugged into the esc.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PK Blade View Post
    woah sounds like a torque monster. Do you have a wheelie bar to reduce the back-flipping?

The fan wire needs to be plugged into the receiver. The black wire should be plugged in alignment to the brown wire of your MM2, which usually is the outer pins on the receiver
    Yeah, I have wheelie bar..., it does no good

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I'll bet its a beast.

The fan on my newer MMP only turns on when it gets warm. And the fan needs to be plugged into the esc.
    it needs to be plugged into the ESC? You mean the receiver? I'm lost, I don't see a place for it to plug back into the esc, its comming from the esc.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-05-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    yes reciever any port except 1 and 2

RC Qualifier
    Ah, okay, thanks

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapilli View Post
    Yeah, I have wheelie bar..., it does no good
    Thats why I am not getting one, just a rear bumper to deflect from the body being ripped off when I do backflips.

RC Qualifier
    I have a cage on it. So that takes the beating.

RC Racer
    I have a cage too, broke it in 3 spots so far, just not strong enough.

RC Qualifier
    YIKES Man, that's some serious bashing !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    I have a cage too, broke it in 3 spots so far, just not strong enough.

Maybe you guys should make one that can take a beating.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Make your own body out of 3mm lexan?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Maybe you guys should make one that can take a beating.......peace
    Yeah my friend just bought a new welder. We are going to try some flat stock as cross braces. Just dont want to make it too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    Yeah my friend just bought a new welder. We are going to try some flat stock as cross braces. Just dont want to make it too heavy.
    Dude that's a sick idea man maybe do some research on real rollcages and get tips on making it strong but light ........peace

RC Competitor
    rcapilli, Can you post pics of the install? I have the MM2 and 2200 on order at this time so I will be tackling this at some point. If you have any tips or pointers that would be great. Like they say go big or go home! LOL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe596 View Post
    rcapilli, Can you post pics of the install? I have the MM2 and 2200 on order at this time so I will be tackling this at some point. If you have any tips or pointers that would be great. Like they say go big or go home! LOL
    Here is a video installation I got from someone on youtube.com for you. All you do is dremel down the chassis just a little bit to fit the 2200kv motor. You can fit the MM2 where the stock ESC used to be or simply put it in front then move the receiver box where the stock ESC was before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYt1AKQVf2E

The only difference is that the 2200 is longer then the 2650 motor. Here are my pictures of my MM2 & 2200kv motor. As you can see my dremel skills are horrible but it did the job so I just went with it.

RC Competitor
    Look good. In some of the pics the esc is up on the side will that work also or would it be best to put it where the receiver box was and move the receiver box in front of the motor? Thanks for the pics and the help.

RC Qualifier
    Look good. In some of the pics the esc is up on the side will that work also or would it be best to put it where the receiver box was and move the receiver box in front of the motor? Thanks for the pics and the help.
    It's really up to you if you want the ESC in the front or the side. I'll probably move my ESC in the front but I'm too lazy to do some small fabrications since I upgrade to this combo I have only had 3 fun bashing times.

RC Qualifier
    I did what the pictures showed above. I placed the ESC at the top of the Pede. Just got some plexiglass and made a shelf for it. Used double sided 3m tape to stick the esc to it. Had to dremmel some plastic, as shown above, but everything went together great.

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the tips guys. It will really help. The combo should be here in 2 days. I cant wait. I have read your guys post on this and it seems like it is the way to go. Your pedes are sweet I just hope my turns out half as good as your guys. Thanks again.

Just get ready to tame the monster power you will have dude......peace

RC Competitor
    I cant wait. It should be sick. I just hope it turns out good. LOL P.S spenniepoos your pede is sick.

Also what gearing should I start with? Stock or 18/54 or something else. I like doing speed runs and also going to the skate park, running on grass, dirt and anything else I can find.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-10-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    hahahahahaha. Joe596........ It's gonna be a monster. at 45mph, I can still do a wheelie and flip my pede. It needed a roll cage to protect it from myself Just take your time with the install. Do it right and don't rush it. You will see a HUGE difference in speed and torque.

Mine does the same with the tenshock 4 pole but I bet your motor is not even warm after where mine is in the 148f-159f area.....peace

RC Competitor
    What batterys are you guys using in your pedes? I have a 2s and a 3s right now and if I remember right I can go to a 6s? But I was thinking about a 4s. What do you think? Thanks.

I think 4s is more than enough power dude just look for a high mah and c rating for a long runtime bro....peace