Thread: Lipo Help

RC Qualifier

Lipo Help

Is it okay,'' To charge lipo at .5 of 1c soo say i have a 5000 charging it at 2.5a next is it okay to drop my voltage down to 6.0 and still be safe without burning my house down and Happy 4th of july!

Leave the voltage where it should be.

BTW: It is no safer nor more dangerous to charge at less than 1C.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks jimmie my hobby shop isnt very helpfull my traxxas lipo was charging the cells about 4.19 and 4.20 and said it was done charging they said my pack was bad and said to buy their batterys because they where good quality pack urghh altho i knew mine were fine!

.01v out of balance is not that much to be concerned about... definitely not enough to toss the pack!
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RC-nightmare View Post
    Thanks jimmie my hobby shop isnt very helpfull my traxxas lipo was charging the cells about 4.19 and 4.20 and said it was done charging they said my pack was bad and said to buy their batterys because they where good quality pack urghh altho i knew mine were fine!
    I think I'd take them up on their offer - but first I'd make threm sign an agreement to replace the pack whenever they went out of balance by one-hundredth of a volt. See what they say then. I'm guessing you'll see some red faces or even be kicked out of the store.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =