Thread: best esc fan...

RC poster

best esc fan...

i need to buy an esc fan for my merv, can anyone recommend a good one in particular from personal experience??

RC Competitor
    I was just on this website about fans.
    http://www.rbinnovations.com/category_s/76.htm

RC Competitor
    That is not for the ESC and i believe it is for 1/8 motors. I would also question anything made by RB Innovations.

RC poster
    that turbo cooler is awesome. i wish it fit the mini erevo...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    My personal experience... if you are in need of a fan to keep from thermaling, it is not going to work; gearing down is the only way!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Gearing or smaller wheels. A Fan of this size will Not help that much. The Wind during driving should take a bigger impact than this little Fans.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    i had to take a trip to my lhs only to find out that every fan has to be ghetto mounted...and will probably not reduce the temp..so would i gear down to reduce heat??

RC poster
    thx Neutron!!!

What are you running and where?

Gearing, motor, ESC, batteries, terrain, tires/rims... that all comes into play (and more) when dealing with heat.

RC poster
    i bought the brushless edition new and i bought an integy roll cage, front bumper, and aluminum conversion kit (on sale for $10!!!) i use stock gearing with parallel nimh. i ride the c-704 comp springs from the hardware store and i have rit died my chassis and toelinks with stock tires and wheels (dying to upgrade to beadlocks with trenchers). i drive almost all off-road, mostly bc pavement scratches my roll cage and the car flips too often. i assume the additional weight would mean i need to gear down. but i do not know which gear to downsize to and my lhs tries to sell me either a ghetto esc fan or the mamba max combo...

With all of that heavy aluminum I'd start with 20/55... but I doubt you are going to like going that slow. The conversion kit was $10 for a reason!

And even lower of you go with the heavy performance robbing bead locks.

RC poster
    on the track that im riding i only need small burst of accelaration so i will start by down gearing. i will experiment between the gearing and an esc fan and report back.

RC Qualifier
    how do you know its getting too hot? You could always just not run for so long and let it cool for a little bit.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 07-23-2013 at 10:23 PM. Reason: COntent

RC poster
    i have now bought a 19T pinion gear and my esc temps have dramatically decreased!...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chillmonster View Post
    i bought the brushless edition new and i bought an integy roll cage, front bumper, and aluminum conversion kit (on sale for $10!!!) i use stock gearing with parallel nimh. i ride the c-704 comp springs from the hardware store and i have rit died my chassis and toelinks with stock tires and wheels (dying to upgrade to beadlocks with trenchers). i drive almost all off-road, mostly bc pavement scratches my roll cage and the car flips too often. i assume the additional weight would mean i need to gear down. but i do not know which gear to downsize to and my lhs tries to sell me either a ghetto esc fan or the mamba max combo...
    if u dont want to lose speed i would choose a different wheel than beadlock they are really heavy and im sure its the reason y i fried my stock esc but i was fairly new to rc and didnt know i had to gear down