Thread: Kintec Racing

RC Racer

Kintec Racing

Does anyone have the phone number to Kintec Racing or anyway of contacting them? I've heard most of you speak highly of Jan, so I'd like to get a few things from him. I would like to talk to him about some parts before I order. Is he on this forum to PM?

RC Qualifier
    i have ordered from them before but i dont think they give their phone number out. the best way to ask them questions is via email.

RC Racer
    Where do I find that? I don't see any contact info on the website.

RC Racer
    Thanks guys! I got ahold of him.

I wanted to do a follow up on my Kintec Racing experience, because there seems to be mixed opinions about how they treat their customers. I placed an order July 3rd around 10pm pacific time. I assumed the order would be filled Monday the 8th(Today) and delivered around the end of the week, because of the holiday weekend. Boy was I wrong! My order arrived today, which means it must've been filled/shipped the day after the 4th of July. Basically I received my order in 2 working days! I rate that as exceptional service. I highly recommend them to anyone reading this. [IMG][/IMG] Here's my order. I have a question about the rudder for those of you that have it. Is the lower bolt for the rudder considered to be one of the breakaway bolts and how important is it? The prop I ordered is the x442 CNC. What are your opinions on this prop?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-09-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    I have ordered many items from Kintec, and overall the customer service has been very good.
    If items are out of stock when ordered, it sometimes takes a few (or several) weeks to get them, but they have always arrived.
    The only thing I have found is sometimes the communication regarding back orders etc. can be a bit inconsistent.
    hog

RC Competitor
    The lower bolt on the rudder is a brass shear bolt. I'm not sure on the importance, due to the fact that if you hit something hard enough to break the shear bolt the rudder is going to suffer some pretty significant damage.. The cnc x442 is a good prop for a stock setup but I would suggest going with a stainless Prather 215 for more longevity due to the cnc being aluminum and easily bent if it comes in contact with underwater objects.

On a side note, I have cut down the 5 inch rudder to test the difference in the amount of excess drag produced by the deeper running depth.

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Co...0f49b.jpg.html
    Last edited by cooleocool; 07-09-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: merge
    Watch this....