Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LaTrax is Back

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Quick easy fix. I'll be soldering a pair of Traxxas connectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

not saying it's a problem but that sounds like soldering 6.5mm bullet connectors to the motor leads, I wish traxxas would make a mini TRX plug.
    I like turtles.

RC Competitor
    Finally,
    Traxxas has finally listened to us old LaTrax collectors by reviving this long forgotten brand. I suppose that Traxxas finally obtain the rights to the name back from Brinkmann after 30 years of inactivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    not saying it's a problem but that sounds like soldering 6.5mm bullet connectors to the motor leads, I wish traxxas would make a mini TRX plug.
    In what way? Even though this vehicle is not likely to require near the limit of the THCC's current carrying capacity, it is a more efficient connector, especially as the Molex one wears. There is very little difference in size and weight, so why the objection?
    Traxxas hasn't had a need for a mini-THCC previously. Maybe now they do? Since the 2S LiPo packs from Traxxas will not fit in the LaTrax Rally (per specs) I suppose it's a possibility. However since 2S packs sold by others WILL fit both the 1/16 Traxxas models AND this 1/18 LaTrax model, it seems prudent to switch out the Molex/Kyosho/Tamiya-style connector.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamZipper View Post
    Anyone know if there going to do a clear body for it?
    I am assuming they will, or aftermarket companies will definitely release upgrade bodies. Traxxas already has a bunch of upgrades listed on the LaTrax website.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Qualifier
    Looks like a fun little car but those phillips head screws need to go. Maybe RC screwz will have a kit. Hopefully they're not coarse thread as well.

Sent from my phone.

RC Qualifier
    I'm hoping the same thing. Something that small doesn't need that many screws to be honest.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Since the 2S LiPo packs from Traxxas will not fit in the LaTrax Rally (per specs)
    They will fit but only without the bat. hold down thing.

Quote Originally Posted by chopsueykapow View Post
    They will fit but only without the bat. hold down thing.
    Perhaps true. I think I'll tape a couple 8200s to the roof. That will make them "fit."
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Let's stick one of their 10,000 mAh 2s packs on the roof. Well, then again, we may have to make some suspension changes... As in stiffer lol.
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Man, I will drifting one of these in my basement for sure! They release a sub-$200 car, and we can't wait to get it and turn it into a $500 car!! Of course, Danielhr77 will try to turn it into a six wheel drive monster truck or something!!

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Man, I will drifting one of these in my basement for sure! They release a sub-$200 car, and we can't wait to get it and turn it into a $500 car!! Of course, Danielhr77 will try to turn it into a six wheel drive monster truck or something!!

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Haha. That's funny ($500) car. Think any of us will be doing that??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Haha. That's funny ($500) car. Think any of us will be doing that??
    Yes, and yes
    "We know who you are"

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Danielhr77 will try to turn it into a six wheel drive monster truck or something!!
    LOL!!! Maybe the fastest 1/18 ever?
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    I had no idea there was such history behind the LaTrax name. It's really nice to see Traxxas branching out and using this as a new way to bring quality RC vehicles to consumers at a more accessible price.

I also think it's great to see a 1/18th scale car at market. I truly loved my HPI Micro RS4, but they terminated production of EVERYTHING so you literally can't break anything lest that be its last run. Perhaps a new LaTrax can be my new favorite micro on-road!

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered two. Will add to my collection of "already too many toys" per my wife! Luckily, I have two boys to blame it on! Oh, better get three!
    AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    Having a hard time deciding... I know they are completely different but... Rally or telluride
    Cars: erevo vxl, 1/16 summit, stampede vxl, tmaxx

RC Racer
    I just saw this for this first time. First impression it looked a little toy like and reminded me of the xmods cars. Then I looked at the accessories and the available hopups they'll have will definitely make this thing cool. I hope they release the body in a clear version so we can paint our own schemes.