RC Enthusiast

Hope my 2x 3S Power Cells aren't toast!

Back in March I bought a pair of 4000MAH 3S Traxxas batteries from the motorcycle shop where I bought my ERBE. They were amazing, and the car would probably fly if it had wings. I imagine over the next few months I got maybe 20 runs out of them, I have the Low Voltage Cutoff in place on my MMM, but I think I ran the batteries down (to around the cutoff, 3v) after the last run (late May?) and didn't charge them afterward. I'd say no more than 2 weeks later, the batteries won't charge at all! Are they hosed, or can I salvage them somehow? Is there any kind of warranty? Please advise!

I also have a pair of 5000MAH 2S Traxxas LiPos that work great. For both pairs of batteries I have the Traxxas (Power?) Peak Plus dual LiPo adapter, and the 2x3S adapter used to work great, but before the batteries failed the adapter started only detecting 5S (even though charging individually without the adapter worked fine). I'd say I got maybe 3 uses out of this.

The dual 2S adapter still works properly.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I doubt that kind of abuse is covered under any warranty... you let them self discharge to the point they are no longer safe to use. Storage charging is supposed to happen shortly after the run.

For the adapter, call Traxxas. They might have a way to fix it or may even replace it.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Jimmie. I'm probably just out those batteries. I've heard of people NiMH charging them back to life but I do rather like my house. They should cover the adapter though.

I would try to contact them & see if they will do anything. A 4000 mAh is kind of small for a Revo.

Couple of months is to long to not put a lipo back to storage volts... You can try a few volts charging NiMH. ONLY if batt is NOT PUFFED..... do not leave the batt unattended...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Nihms live for ever
    Take it all apart, where does this screw go again.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Now that is funny!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawehner1419 View Post
    Nihms live for ever
    Haha ya ok

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s