RC poster

new to the traxxas community

hello all slash racers and bashers. i just scored myself a 1yr old 2x4 slash for a good deal. kid (10 or 12 yo) got it for a present and used it rarely. suprisingly it was very well taken care of and had normal routine checks at the local hobby shop. i gave it a test run yesterday around the driveway on full charge. it has the stock battery and a newer upgraded battery for better performance and longer running. i did notice the motor seemed a little tired coming out of turns and starting off. my buddy who is big on RC's said you can send in your traxxas motor and they will supply you a new brushed motor for around $20. i plan on doing a thurough cleaning of my slash and clean up the shell and give it a new paint job. what are some pointers and quick cheap mods for performance and handling? iv got multiple big projects that i have going so money is tight for the rc until late fall and winter. thanks for reading

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forums. You can buy brand new traxxas motors for $20 on Amazon.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    sweet deal. ill look into that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightning86 View Post
    hello all slash racers and bashers. i just scored myself a 1yr old 2x4 slash for a good deal. kid (10 or 12 yo) got it for a present and used it rarely. suprisingly it was very well taken care of and had normal routine checks at the local hobby shop. i gave it a test run yesterday around the driveway on full charge. it has the stock battery and a newer upgraded battery for better performance and longer running. i did notice the motor seemed a little tired coming out of turns and starting off. my buddy who is big on RC's said you can send in your traxxas motor and they will supply you a new brushed motor for around $20. i plan on doing a thurough cleaning of my slash and clean up the shell and give it a new paint job. what are some pointers and quick cheap mods for performance and handling? iv got multiple big projects that i have going so money is tight for the rc until late fall and winter. thanks for reading
    When you get the $'s you can go brush less with a castle system for about $100,it's a lower end esc but the power difference is night and day.
    You can also seed traxxas the old brushed titan(assuming this is what it has)and for about $150 get a water proof velineon system.
    Either way a vast improvement over the brushed.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    I agreed, First Traxxas r/c for me was a Bandit. I decided to try the brushless version as it was my first r/c I was buying. Money was tight for me when I was getting an E-Maxx. I went with the brushed one because I didn't want to pay $600 for a non-water proof Castle Mamba Monster system plus it was December, snow was on the ground at my house.

When I was doing motor maintenance, I looked what to do the on the dual titans. I found out the they are sealed and non rebuildable. Upgrading it to the MM2 this year. After I had fun doing maintenance on my Bandit's brushless motor and it easier to oil the bearings, I got my Slash in brushless form. So not only its rebuildable, but also lasts much longer than brushed.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Qualifier
    $20 gets you a new motor at your LHS i dont think Traxxas wants your junk Titan 12t

Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

my buddy who is big on RC's said you can send in your traxxas motor and they will supply you a new brushed motor for around $20.
    Welcome to the forum, and do not for get to use the search feature for any further questions. The link below will give you the info on Traxxas Power Up Program.

http://www.traxxas.com/v2/powerup/
    "We know who you are"