RC Qualifier

Best upgraded driveshafts for the rally?

I will soon be dropping in a MMM 2200kv in my rally for all around insanity and know the stock shafts will break immediately. Just wondering maybe the xo-1 shafts, mip's, tekno...??? Any help would be great thanks

RC Competitor
    I'm using MIP with 2200kv and they're great.

RC Champion
    Any of the 3 mentioned would be good.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Will the xo-1 shafts bolt right on? Or is there more work involved? That's why I'll probably buy

RC Champion
    I know if you want to run them up front you need to change to xo-1 castor block's and steering block's. In the rear I think they are they same. "MIP's" set it and forget it! Love mine. I bash strictly on 4s and have only broken a front axle due to driver error.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I know if you want to run them up front you need to change to xo-1 castor block's and steering block's. In the rear I think they are they same. "MIP's" set it and forget it! Love mine. I bash strictly on 4s and have only broken a front axle due to driver error.
    I think you would have to change the rears for the xo-1 shafts because isn't the shaft diameter bigger and therefore require a bigger bearing? I'm not sure and could be wrong though

RC Champion
    your right, they're what 6mm axle and the slash is 5mm. Just new bearing's would do the trick.

RC Qualifier
    I have the Teknos in both of our rigs and we love them. I have only bent one shaft and Tekno replaced it free of charge.
    And I bash hard! When I go out I don't stop running till I run out of batteries (I have 4 2s and 2 3s) or I brake it!!!

Only bad thing I can say about them is that the inner drive cups system limits the travel a little. With the shock removed if you have the upper link set up right you can get enough drop travel to cause the drive shaft to pull out of the drive cup. But with the suspension set up like that it will handle like crap any way. So its not "really" a problem unless you like to set up your car to handle like crap.

Over all there great drive shafts. I run a 3900kv 4 pole that has more punch and top end on 2s the the stock system did on 3s!
    The wife runs the stock motor and ESC for now.

RC Racer
    The XO-1's are great. I have them with the 5mm axle so no need to change your hubs or castor blocks.
    Nitroelectric sending you a PM...
    Slash Ultimate
    TLR SCTE 2.0

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the only difference between the slash 4x4 steel driveshaft 6851R and XO-1 driveshafts 6451 are the stub axles (XO-1 6mm while slash 5mm)
    XO-1 driveshafts
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/6407-Traxxas...item58a10f09fb
    slash 4x4 steel CVD
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...item5af2ab9210
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I run tekno dog bone with XO-1 hub/carriers/stub axles all around, the hybrid CVD will be a bit long so, you need pro trac arms to make up the length.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Okay thanks guys this really helps a ton. Money is a bit tight so I'm forced to sell some of my rc stuff. Then I'll be buying the xo-1 hubs, shafts, and the MMM 2200. I'll be bashing too lol. It's going to be insane. I'll post updates as it goes along in a mini build thread. But thanks so much. Definitely cleared things up for me.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I've been running the upgraded steel driveshafts for the Slash 4x4 for a good while now w/o any issues. I'm running ET-3S ET-2400kv motor combo. They've held up really well with this power on 3S and 4S.

I know guys in the Slash 4x4 area of the forum were having issues with the breaking. I think that was because of the suspension travel and the stress that was being put on them (just guessing). For the money Tekno and MIP's are a good choice. The MIP's will be thicker and heavier. I have these on my Pede 4x4 MMP 2400kv. Out of the 3, Tekno is the lightest choice. I run these on my Slash 4x4 with MMM 2650kv.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore