Thread: brushless?

RC Enthusiast

brushless?

I bought a Stampede and a Son Ava Digger for me and my son. The motor on his digger stopped working. Cleaned it and still nothing. Now my motor is going bad on stampede. Is brush less really worth buying? Money not a problem as long as its worth getting. Just don't want to use lipos yet BC of my younger son.

RC Qualifier
    Its worth it trust me whats wrong with your pedes is normal. The Titan motors on them go bad after a while of use and they are useless. You should go brushless and I think if you wanted, 2s would be controllable for your son unless he is really little...you can also program the esc to be less "powerful"
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    Brushless is the best upgrade I've got. You don't need lipos because it still goes double the speed of the stock motors. Your problem with the motors your running now is common. The Titan motors are over geared, and any kind of mud or dirty water destroys them.
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Champion
    Brushless is definitely the way.
    After going trough 4 brushed motors (3 Titans, one still working and an Orion, total are the price of a great brushless stem which will last 100 times more then brushed); i am no longer going to them. The sheer power from brushless is incredible.
    Check out the castle creations (SV3 side winder or MMP if you want more performance and so check other like Onyx duratrax, they are also pretty good, I am very satisfied with mine)
    I am using the two of them but have not got the chance to test the MMP, but forum members will tell you all castle creations products are great
    Live life to the fullest

RC Enthusiast
    Are the vileneon brush less any good? I have an 8yr old who is learning how 2 charge the batteries now. So lipos will soon be in our home. He drives the trucks really good and has great control of it. But the vileneon is what some people tell me to get

RC Champion
    The VXL are also great, but they are only two pole motors. The ones I mentioned are all 4 pole motors, they take heat more and have more torque.
    I have not used it but there lots also who will confirm it has done very well for them.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    I have been driving a stock VXL for over two years and I only have had one esc go bad. Traxxas warrantied it. I am running 2s lipo and it's ridiculously fast and fun. Lot's of people talk about Castle but I think the trade in program is a reasonable deal and you get the warranty on the esc.

RC Qualifier
    One more thing, your 8 year old will wreck that truck with a VXL motor on lipo. My truck will literally jump off the ground if I hit the throttle wide open.

But....I gave my truck to a kid on training mode and was surprised how fast it was. Probably faster than a XL5 on nimh. I say do it.

RC Qualifier
    Brushless and lipo batteries are two of the great advances in the rc hobby in my opinion. After years of nursing brushed motors and ni-cd/metal batteries, I have found the brushless motors have more punch when coupled with a Lipo battery. This is just my opinion, but it is well worth the money. peace
    I have only come here seeking knowledge