Did I miss something? New MIP CVD's

I didn't do a thorough search, so I could have missed threads about it, but I saw these MIP CVD's which look rather new to me:

Link to 4x4 Pede products: http://miponline.com/store/Traxxas_S...708_Parts.html
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    I think i saw this about a month ago on the forum, and was hoping someone would review them. Mind you, i could be dreaming...

RC Qualifier
    No I saw them here as well about a month ago
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    I saw them 05/31/2013 because that's the same day I bought my Pede when I was looking for better CVDS cause I know I was upgrading my motor.

RC Champion
    I haven't seem them before. Looks like they addressed the issue of the x-duty's being too bulky for racing. These should be better for speed runs too.

Yep, I started a thread on them.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...0-New-MIP-CVDs!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Look like Tekno's now. Hehe

But they are for 2s only and made of aluminium aren't they guys .....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    But they are for 2s only and made of aluminium aren't they guys .....peace
    So 3S on these wont last at all? I read their info and it didn't say 2S only. I'm thinking about buying these later for my son's Pede 4x4 because he will be getting the same setup as mine (2200kv MM2) as his birthday present. I've already upgraded a few critical parts which are Tekno Big Bone, aluminum motor mount, aluminum bearing adapter, steel pad big slipper clutch, T-Bone all around and RPM. So I wanted to know if this can handle 3S without any issues like my MIPS X DUTY?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    So 3S on these wont last at all? I read their info and it didn't say 2S only. I'm thinking about buying these later for my son's Pede 4x4 because he will be getting the same setup as mine (2200kv MM2) as his birthday present. I've already upgraded a few critical parts which are Tekno Big Bone, aluminum motor mount, aluminum bearing adapter, steel pad big slipper clutch, T-Bone all around and RPM. So I wanted to know if this can handle 3S without any issues like my MIPS X DUTY?
    Traxxas is “The Fastest Name in Radio Control,” and MIP has just thrust that catch phrase closer to reality! In the past, MIP has offered a range of axle designs including steel shaft CVD™’s for racers and heavy steel splined X-Duty™’s, for those that drive on the edge of insanity! But what is missing from MIP’s ultimate line- up!? Well the answer to that question is easy, Race Duty! MIP’s all new Aluminum Race Duty™ line of axles are a CVD™ design comprised of light weight hard-anodized aircraft grade 7075 aluminum bones designed for less rotating mass, along with a strong steel X-Duty™ axle for durability/strength. This fusion axle is strictly designed for two-cell Lipo batteries under both bashing and racing conditions! Aluminum Race Duty™ can insure that your Traxxas truck has the acceleration to pull away and stay ahead of your competition! Get the edge, “The MIP EDGE!”

yes, it says 2s strictly.

RC Qualifier
    Yup. I'll take my steel ones over aluminum. I bash with 3s.

Sorry I started a thread while there already was one. 3 character searchs strings don't work, so I couldn't really search for it.
    No complaint about the 3 characters by the way. I can imagine the load on the server if you would allow that.
    Nobody is born with experience

I wish they would make this design out of steel that would be sick.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    This design is just for racing, which is pretty much 2S lipo. The less weight and rotating mass, the better. I think they're a great idea. Thinner than stock, and light than Tekno.