Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    404

    Making a trailer for my slash, please help!

    Hey guys,
    So a friend of mine gave me a trailer but it didnt come with the wheels.
    He said that slash tires would work on it but i dont know how to make a driveshaft for it.
    Any ideas in how to connect the two tires together? If you guys have trailers please tell me how you did yours.
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    452
    I've seen a few different things. The easiest is to use a piece of threaded rod and slide it through holes in the trailer frame, then sandwich a tire and hub between two nuts on each end. You could also use a rear axle carrier and front axles and mount that to the trailer.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    I've seen a few different things. The easiest is to use a piece of threaded rod and slide it through holes in the trailer frame, then sandwich a tire and hub between two nuts on each end. You could also use a rear axle carrier and front axles and mount that to the trailer.
    Where would i get a threaded rod? I have no ideas. This is my first time building my own thing so..please help

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Where would i get a threaded rod? I have no ideas. This is my first time building my own thing so..please help
    If you have a local Lowes, Home Depot, or another home improvement center, they sell it. If you want to mail order stuff, McMaster-Carr is the best place ever. You could get literally everything you need right from there. Their prices are great too. It's more of a business supplier kind of place but you can still order from them. Here's a 1 foot piece of stainless steel rod 1/4"x20 for under $2
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#98804a487/=oqj5h0

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    If you have a local Lowes, Home Depot, or another home improvement center, they sell it. If you want to mail order stuff, McMaster-Carr is the best place ever. You could get literally everything you need right from there. Their prices are great too. It's more of a business supplier kind of place but you can still order from them. Here's a 1 foot piece of stainless steel rod 1/4"x20 for under $2
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#98804a487/=oqj5h0
    Wow thanks for the website link, ill look into that. Im thinking of using a double end thead rod and puting it in a tube and screwing the tube under the trailer. Think it will work?

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobiispo View Post
    Wow thanks for the website link, ill look into that. Im thinking of using a double end thead rod and puting it in a tube and screwing the tube under the trailer. Think it will work?
    How do you plan on screwing the tube to the trailer, then sliding the threaded rod in?

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by F-R Racing View Post
    How do you plan on screwing the tube to the trailer, then sliding the threaded rod in?
    Im thinking of making the threaded rod spin with the tires. Im going to find a tube bigger than the threaded rod and put it inside, then put the tube under the trailer lol

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    13,227
    Got pics of the trailer? It may help to give some ideas on how to approach the issue.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Got pics of the trailer? It may help to give some ideas on how to approach the issue.
    Idont have the threads yet, i went to my hobby shop and they had none. I might get them soon though.
    Do you have a trailer?

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    13,227
    Nope, I dont. How do you plan to secure the tube to the trailer rails? or plate? or whatever the bottom of the trailer looks like? I would like to see a pic of it so I can understand what you are working with.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •