Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

stronger aluminum summit axles by LEM

Stronger summit aluminum axles by LEM

http://leadingedgemachining.net/foru...Are-On-The-Way!

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    Looking good
    Low weight, around 87 grams complete
    Made from first run 7075-T6 aluminum
    Comes complete with factory Traxxas boot
    Does not use splines. Uses a solid stainless steel center slide.
    Uses the Factory Traxxas Summit axle ends and pins.
    Fully Enclosed ends for maximum durability.
    100% Guaranteed. If you break it we replace it. No questions asked. You will only pay
    Shipping

g.

----------------++++

I'm hoping if you erevo guys show some interest the prices will stay low
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Need an account to see the pictures, could you post them here? I might be interested.

RC Champion
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Champion
    Thus far the only things they sell are the locking aluminum summit diffs and soon these axles. They mention plans for hardened steel diffs gears. And yes erevo and summit diffs gears are the same.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Still can't see the pictures .
    Yep same gears, but still small and still only 4 spiders, but hardened might work for some users

RC Racer
    no pic would love to have a look before mine break lol

RC Qualifier
    And these will fit the e-revo? Or have to mod or it can't be done for the e-revo?

RC Qualifier
    The summit used both short and long shafts because of the locking diffs. For the E-Revo you would need 4 long shafts.

RC Racer
    They will be awesome, but the price is going to show that.
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Yep won't be cheap i'm afraid. And if the rubber seal wears out, which it will, just like it does on the stock shafts dirt will find its way in and probably wear them out. I don't know, i think Ball-X or LST will be a better choice

RC Champion
    Man I hate those little blue boxes. The company is new and prices ( I believe) are not set. We summit guys are few so the price may be high to pay for the r&d. But if this massive erevo community shows some interest. . . . .

Last edited by noir 522; 06-30-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

so?? I'm wondering how they machined the splines inside the outer shaft??
    it might be a cast...idk
    interesting non the less..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    if I have to choose that between MIP......I will choose MIP, at least I know MIP been around for a long time.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

They do look nice...I wonder how they will hold up to 6s power and some big air bashing?
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Champion
    they are supposed to be testing them on 6s lipo over the holidays.

Personally I am trying to convince them to make a 4ws (rear steer) plastic chassis. Something to perform like in this erevo trial video

I am not sure how well erevo guys like rear steering but it suits us rock crawling summit guys very good.
    Last edited by noir 522; 07-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    I'm never giving up my RPM True-Tracks and TVR Ball-X axles!

Have been wanting rear steer for my Summit, but haven't seen or had time to figure out a good set-up..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    Is your summit brushless ? If so how well does those axles handle the added power ?
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Qualifier
    I should start testing these on 4s in my summit this week. Crawling and bashing. Just set up a bash park yesterday Then 6s in a few weeks after that once I build a e-revo.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Racer
    Hey is your summit brushless and if so how does the tvr axles hold up ?
    Slash 4x4 and 10 other Models. Too Much !

RC Qualifier
    I'm running stock motor and axels on my summit.

my erevo will b on 6s

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Strong or not, they have a great warranty... no questions asked replacement for only the cost of shipping. Thats a heck of alot better than buying even stock traxxas shafts all the time.

The site also lists they have no internal spline... not sure what they do have but either way, these guys seem to understand the needs of summit, and now ERBE owners and they appear to be actual RC enthusiasts. The aluminum has to be stronger than stock plastic and has a better warranty (as in, they have one). Cost will be a factor for sure. But I think its good to see a new company building products weve been asking for for a long time.

As we all know, stronger parts usually just transfer the breakage to the new weakest link. Which, in the case of these axles, will likely be the little CV Pins... or the actual axles themselves. Ive broken 3 axles right at the point they taper down on the outside end of the CV joint. We'll see I guess.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    I strongly agree, Best part is LEM is up to the task of sniffing out the "new weakest link" and starting the next project

Time will tell and Ive got some of that.

RC Champion
    Output shaft on the diff may snap as well,
    This was the long shaft on the locking side,
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Just heard that the axles stood up to 6S lipo testing and should be available in a month
    . Also heard they may be purchased color anodized. Since they reuse the stock cv joint and pin the prices should not be outrageous. Looking forward to this.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Nice!! Anodised green for me please

RC Qualifier
    there's already a lot of axles out there...why doesn't someone fix the darn diff problem that has been plaguing us for ages now...why would a company like this invest in something like this...they want to make money...fix the diff issue...they'll have every single e-revo owners out there buying a set...
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-26-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: LANGUAGE!

RC Qualifier
    No one is doing axles like LEM, they are unlike any on the market at the moment. Full/thick shaft aluminum using stock stubs and hardware. All others each have documented issues. They should stand up to the job.

I have their hardened spider diff gears in my BL E-Revo at the moment, They are taking a beating. Ive been trying to bash as hard as the truck will let me. havnt broke any teeth so fat

Also have their Aluminum diff cups in my Summit
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-27-2013 at 08:30 PM.

RC Qualifier
    the thing that i notice about these revo users are that they are very loyal...once they use a product that works...and works well...they stick with that...if u look at these user's ride...they're mostly MIP and the stock summit axles...they work and they're pretty durable...u buy one...and it lasts u for quite a long time...no point justifying trying out new more expensive axles...however...diffs break all the time...i've gone through 3 sets already...it's gotten to the point that i don't run 6s no more...5s is my limit and when i do run...i run lightly as to not strip the diffs...

if u look on this forum...the number one complaint and weak spot of the revo is the diffs...build a bullet proof alternative and u'll have people lining up...and the owners of revo....they can afford it...cos a revo is not a cheap car....u gotta have money and be willing to upgrade and fix parts already...so u know what ur market is...and u know what they're willing to pay....it's a freaking no brainer...but for some reason...for the life of me...i just don't know why no one is jumping on the band wagon...

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    No one is doing axles like LEM, they are unlike any on the market at the moment. Full/thick shaft aluminum using stock stubs and hardware. All others each have documented issues. They should stand up to the job.

I have their hardened spider diff gears in my BL E-Revo at the moment, They are taking a beating. Ive been trying to bash as hard as the truck will let me. havnt broke any teeth so fat

Also have their Aluminum diff cups in my Summit

RC Competitor
    Does anyone know LEM website. The only site I see is the .net......the forum website. Where do we buy their products?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IvVaum View Post
    no point justifying trying out new more expensive axles
    Who said anything about more expensive? They have not even been released yet...

Ive seen to many bad reviews on the MIPs to even want to give them a shot. I see the stock summits as the best plastic solution, But the same shaft in aluminum will be even stronger, Thats LEM shafts. Add that with the hardened diff gears and soon to come diff cups. That spells bullet proof to me.

I agree... Diffs are a major issue. But since Ive started using LEM parts, my diffs have not had as many issues

They are on the bandwagon, She`s just a little slow at the moment. They have just started up and are in the middle of R&D and testing on many revo/summit parts to make our lives easier.

They will also be offering a few colors of anodization to some of their parts. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBasher View Post
    Does anyone know LEM website. The only site I see is the .net......the forum website. Where do we buy their products?
    Only their forum is up at the moment. They will have the rest of the ordering site up within a month or so

RC Qualifier
    I haven't seen any bad MIP reviews. MIP quality is still top notch, and I've never heard of those axles bending or breaking. The problem with MIPs are the grub screws which can come loose. That problem is easily solved with electrical tape or heat shrink.

RC Qualifier
    I don't know if hardened gears will help with the diff problems some are having.. There are still only 4 spider gears and they are still small. Sure, it will increase their durability, but by how much .

Same goes for the aluminium diff casing. Other manufacturers did it before, and the diffs would still fail. But it's good to have a new company producing E-Revo/Summit parts!

Whats the price on those hardened gears by the way?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    I haven't seen any bad MIP reviews. MIP quality is still top notch, and I've never heard of those axles bending or breaking. The problem with MIPs are the grub screws which can come loose. That problem is easily solved with electrical tape or heat shrink.
    NEVER?..... Its all Ive head when searching reviews, LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    I don't know if hardened gears will help with the diff problems some are having.. There are still only 4 spider gears and they are still small. Sure, it will increase their durability, but by how much .

Same goes for the aluminium diff casing. Other manufacturers did it before, and the diffs would still fail. But it's good to have a new company producing E-Revo/Summit parts!

Whats the price on those hardened gears by the way?
    Yes, they can only help so much, but every bit helps. It is nice to have people making the parts we need.

Prices have not been released yet. I`ll PM you once they are released.

RC Champion
    Actually I to am afraid to drop $80 on MIP axles after hearing so many bad reports from summit owners. I hear that MIP axles actually do well in the slash and the erevo (possibly due to the stiffer/ less flexible suspension set up and less severe angles. If these new axles are decently priced I will be all over them. They already look beefy, and even though they are big they are made of light aluminum.

MIP Summit axle Failure
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    I have a set of aluminum axles coming from LEM very soon and got all the hardware cleaned and ready for them.

Looking forward to seeing a review!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing a review!
    Me to

RC Qualifier
    dun dun dun...

RC Champion
    eye candy!!!!!