Always Check Twice...

Hey guys, I just barely finished rebuilding my Slayer after I crashed it 4 months ago. I've been spending the last 4 days putting it back together, and I couldn't wait to drive it again. I had just finshed putting every thing on, and I went to push it. It didn't move. Turns out one of the diffs are upside-down. The best part is I'm not sure which one is installed wrong! I can't drive it or work on it tomorrow because it's Sunday, (religious reasons) and on Monday morning I'm going on a week long camping trip. I'm so mad right now, I was REALLY looking forward to driving it again! Sigh, rant over.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    If it is like the maxx, just flip on of them over.

Stay up late and get her done!

Sent from my iPhone 4
    Summit

Spin the spur gear and whichever tires spin backwards you found your troublemaker.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I did that once and it was not fun to take the car apart after just putting it back together. Now I always check to see if they are in right.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

Spin the spur gear and whichever tires spin backwards you found your troublemaker.
    Hmmm, never thought of thank, thanks!

I did that once and it was not fun to take the car apart after just putting it back together. Now I always check to see if they are in right.
    Ya, I thought I checked, guess I didn't...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Been there, and no its not fun when you dont have rebuild time.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

I always mark the top with a white paint marker so I can see if I'm putting in right.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Hey guys, I just barely finished rebuilding my Slayer after I crashed it 4 months ago. I've been spending the last 4 days putting it back together, and I couldn't wait to drive it again. I had just finshed putting every thing on, and I went to push it. It didn't move. Turns out one of the diffs are upside-down. The best part is I'm not sure which one is installed wrong! I can't drive it or work on it tomorrow because it's Sunday, (religious reasons) and on Monday morning I'm going on a week long camping trip. I'm so mad right now, I was REALLY looking forward to driving it again! Sigh, rant over.
    Excuse me. I`m don`t understand your problem. In the same situation i am step by step way use. First step - your engine is working yes/no. second step - you check rotate on the clutch bell after open throttle yes/no. Third step - check the transfer of rotation from the clutch bell to the spur gear #3953 yes/no Forth step - you must see rotate on the input shaft of the transmission yes/no. fifth step - you must see rotation on the output shaft. The very much people saw result your crash. My opinion you must check up rotation all suspension and transmission. For this step you can rotate one any wheel and check rotation on the another wheels and input transmission shaft ( this zero step ). All components must have easy rotation. Maybe have blocked in the front differential or damage gear in the transmission( after crash ) or blocked brake disk after incorrectly assembly your car. This my way for localized trouble. After this steps I think, you will find problem.
    Last edited by Alexsy; 07-02-2013 at 10:39 PM.

RC Competitor
    i want to recall your photo.

After the full rebuilding you have some mistakes. You must check up with assembling chart.

Transmission Assembly

Front Assembly

Chassis Assembly

Rear Assembly
    Last edited by Alexsy; 07-02-2013 at 11:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexsy View Post
    Excuse me. I`m don`t understand your problem. In the same situation i am step by step way use. First step - your engine is working yes/no. second step - you check rotate on the clutch bell after open throttle yes/no. Third step - check the transfer of rotation from the clutch bell to the spur gear #3953 yes/no Forth step - you must see rotate on the input shaft of the transmission yes/no. fifth step - you must see rotation on the output shaft. The very much people saw result your crash. My opinion you must check up rotation all suspension and transmission. For this step you can rotate one any wheel and check rotation on the another wheels and input transmission shaft ( this zero step ). All components must have easy rotation. Maybe have blocked in the front differential or damage gear in the transmission( after crash ) or blocked brake disk after incorrectly assembly your car. This my way for localized trouble. After this steps I think, you will find problem.
    He knows what the problem is one of the diffs is upside down.

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post

I beg your pardon. i don`t undrstend problem your post have slang
    I like the technical beauty!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexsy View Post
    I beg your pardon. i don`t undrstend problem your post have slang
    Diff= differential. He installed one of his differentials backwards and now the front and rear wheels don't spin in the same direction.

RC Competitor
    I can not understand. How wrong he was able to collect? The bulkhead and housing of differential not symmetry. if only rear bulkhead.

RC Qualifier
    The only piece he had backwards was the diff gear, they will sit in there either way.

RC Competitor
    "How could I do make a mistake?" - said the hedgehog cactus dismounting.
    Any way. Why need in marker if only one variant of setup ?
    Last edited by Alexsy; 07-03-2013 at 08:08 AM.

The differentials can be put in up side down it is marked top but it's really hard to see. If you put one in right and one in up side down then the wheels will run different direction. Some people (Me)have put both in upside down and then the revo will go backwards when should go forward.

The differential will fit in the bulkheads ether way flip it over it will still fit but will cause the wheels to go in the wrong direction. That's why I mark mine when so when I put it back together I can easily see if I'm putting it in right.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Competitor
    I am wait some party from USA. Package content the bualkhead ( rear & front ) and differencial. I am try flipping defferencial in bualkheader samself.