RC Enthusiast

i have noticed....

I am kinda new here, have been viewing for a while....
    how come some people get stuff edited quickly and some not?
    it seems that the moderators are quick on some and not so quick on others....
    just asking.....
    I am not looking for any "points" but just asking to talk directly to one of them...(mods)...please.
    I have referred many to the forum but since the recent "mod" domination...it seems i might have made a wrong referal...

RC Champion
    I'm not sure how the system works. The system is suppose to automatically blank out certain words but I'm pretty sure it has some bugs in it just like anything technical. I got edited and a warning point for a post that had a word in it that was by no means a swear or offensive word and I have used it on other forums with no issue. But o well ill just wait a year to get it cleared. I really have not noticed a lot of edited posts and really do not think the mods go to far when they do as I have seen some of the posts they had to edit before they got to edit them and I honestly think the members should have gotten more

RC Qualifier
    I once asked a CHP officer why he pulled me over & not the other vehicles involved. Without skipping a beat, the officer asked: Have you ever been fishing? I replied yes, then he askes: Did you catch all the fish?

Touché officer. Touché.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumosummit View Post
    just asking.....
    I am not looking for any "points" but just asking to talk directly to one of them...(mods)...please.
    I have referred many to the forum but since the recent "mod" domination...it seems i might have made a wrong referal...
    Pretty vague without any supporting documents. We would like to see examples of what you are talking about.
    Given the amount of posts, the mods cannot moderate every single one. We have families, and full-time jobs and normal lives outside of this place. Most are not Traxxas employees so the time we are on here is during down time or taking away time from our families.
    Read up on the rules which are simple to understand. Traxxas owns the forum so they can set the rules. The Freedom of Speech argument does not necessarily apply since this is private. Did you pay to join? See any advertisement? Prove that you even own a Traxxas vehicle? No. Someone pays for it so they can say what goes. Much like you set rules within your house and I have to follow them. I cannot verbally abuse your family and cry my Freedom of Speech rights have been violated and throw a tantrum when you kick me out.
    You'll find that if you abide by the rules--which really are not that bad--you'll have a long life here and see that this is a quality forum. If the forum rules do not fit your lifestyle, there are plenty of other RC forums out there that will fit.
    The Super Derecho

just asking.....
    You have nine posts total since Sept. 2011. Six are in the Market Place as a buyer. Another is the original post (above) to the only thread you've started (this one) in that time. A simple question: Do you believe such limited experience with this forum or anything is sufficient to recommend for or against it?

Another easier inquiry: What edit of one of your posts do you feel was due to "'mod' domination"?

I suggest you take some time to think about from whom you are getting your information. Do they have an agenda? Did they perhaps recently receive warning points? No matter what, you're not getting the whole story because you obviously have not talked to any of the moderation team.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    The mods are dominant by design. Thats how a moderator system works. Just sayin'
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Enthusiast
    well, none of my posts were edited due to "mod domination" but I have seen a few. I have saved them but as you know the links wont work because they were "edited"....so......?
    do we undelete the past or admit the arrogance?

RC Enthusiast
    if anyone does realize if we do not document the past we are bound to repeat it

Sumosummit I went thru all of your posts and none have been edited or removed. In all honesty after reading all your posts (very few) I have to say you really appear to have joined this forum with a chip on your shoulder. Maybe you should take a step back clear your head and approach the forum with a fresh attitude and open mind. You might also want to read the rules you agreed to follow. So many new members never read the rules and this leads to a lot of misunderstandings about why certain actions are taken.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    thats a good idea no offense but yeah take a metaphorical shower and u will feel much more refreshed
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

As Dadx2mj stated, there are rules to follow. The moderating done to this and any forum is to keep the members and posts in line with those rules. Traxxas set forth their rules and guidelines because this is a family-friendly forum; there are plenty of other forums out there that are more lenient and their content less moderated. When we modify a post, we can place a reason for it and where necessary a PM is sent to that person.
    It's your choice: you can stay and be a productive member of this society or you can proceed down the path of "rules are meant to be broken" which leads to a ban.
    The Super Derecho

well, none of my posts were edited due to "mod domination" but I have seen a few. I have saved them but as you know the links wont work because they were "edited"....so......?
    do we undelete the past or admit the arrogance?
    Actually a moderator can see edits.... So if you have a few links we can look into it...

Otherwise there's not much point in this post...

If you notice, there are moderators assigned to certain areas. This is where they can moderate. I am unable to moderate in certain sections of the forums. We are all spread out to help cover the entire forum. Which is done on a volunteer basis...

So feel free to pass any links to any threads you are referring to, we will check it out.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Qualifier
    History repeats itself regardless of documentation
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Champion
    All i can say is i hope everyone follows the rules. Treat everyone with respect. Keep it traxxas. Having fun is my only plan while i'm here. I'd not be a happy camper if traxxas would discontinue the whole community forum, because it could happen.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Actually a moderator can see edits.... So if you have a few links we can look into it...

Otherwise there's not much point in this post...

If you notice, there are moderators assigned to certain areas. This is where they can moderate. I am unable to moderate in certain sections of the forums. We are all spread out to help cover the entire forum. Which is done on a volunteer basis...

So feel free to pass any links to any threads you are referring to, we will check it out.
    I would love too!

you make it sound so simple, but the problems are across many forums and many different mods. I actually have decided it is a lost cause. my best course of action is to just be just and keep my opinions to my self on this site.

Again, as you stated not one mod can see all that was deleted.....thanks for your help, but in this site it is lost..........

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    All i can say is i hope everyone follows the rules. Treat everyone with respect. Keep it traxxas. Having fun is my only plan while i'm here. I'd not be a happy camper if traxxas would discontinue the whole community forum, because it could happen.
    id like to ask what you mean by "keep it Traxxas"?

RC Qualifier
    I've agreed with every deletion I've seen, even my own post that were deleted. I'm grateful to have such diligent moderators to keep us all in check. Sometimes I forget that there are children reading my words and I apologize for anything I have said that may have offended anyone before it was deleted. Thank you Dadx2mj and Ksb51rl for keeping me straight.

RC Champion
    I hope Traxxas doesn't shut down their forums, because my LHS have proven to me many times they don't know what their talking about. I trust the people in here more than anyone. And I don't feel like an idiot if I ask a stupid question.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Racer
    id like to ask what you mean by "keep it Traxxas"?
    no nontraxxas related discussion. there is ans entire post about those rules in the faq section
    Last edited by tbird2000; 07-30-2013 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typo
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

I would love too!

you make it sound so simple, but the problems are across many forums and many different mods. I actually have decided it is a lost cause. my best course of action is to just be just and keep my opinions to my self on this site.

Again, as you stated not one mod can see all that was deleted.....thanks for your help, but in this site it is lost..........
    Well then if you want to report a thread all you have to do is click on the little exclamation point at the bottom of the username box on the left. Nobody will see you reported it except for the moderators who are assigned to that area... It will be sent to their emails and all mods who cover that area get notified...

This way you are not singling yourself out. And trust me, we REALLY appreciate those who do report bad posts.... This IS a community forum. I consider it part of being in the community to report a bad post....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    You might also want to read the rules you agreed to follow. So many new members never read the rules and this leads to a lot of misunderstandings about why certain actions are taken.
    Love this. Being a newer member I was so excited to post I agreed and never read. And when I see post like these I don't know what some are talking about when it comes to rules. Anyone know where I could reread them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by t.webber10 View Post
    Love this. Being a newer member I was so excited to post I agreed and never read. And when I see post like these I don't know what some are talking about when it comes to rules. Anyone know where I could reread them? Thanks!
    http://traxxas.com/forums/index.php

Look down just a little and you'll see a post to the rules.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thank you time to start reading!

RC Enthusiast
    Love the traxxas forum! But...

Well then if you want to report a thread all you have to do is click on the little exclamation point at the bottom of the username box on the left. Nobody will see you reported it except for the moderators who are assigned to that area... It will be sent to their emails and all mods who cover that area get notified...

This way you are not singling yourself out. And trust me, we REALLY appreciate those who do report bad posts.... This IS a community forum. I consider it part of being in the community to report a bad post....

The mods who see and "mod" are the ones with the powertrip.

I love this place and from the first year it was awesome, and the last few...not so much. I have contacted traxxas on the phone and they seem oblivious to it....i think this will make post onto other forums....well its hump day...lol

RC Qualifier
    If you have read the rules you would see that the moderators are a lot more lenient than the rules would have them be. And you would also see that this thread is in direct violation of rule #9 and they have not deleted it.

This thread has run its course. Sumo, The mods are doing their job. Continuing to state otherwise, or to make other accusations, quickly turns from "stating your opinion" to "trolling" which I STRONGLY suggest avoiding. I am closing this thread. Simply put, do not start another like it.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn