RC Racer

diesel? is it possible?

I have no intention of spam, and i dont think it qualifies as such, but mods pm me if it does, i will gladly accept appropriate infraction points. anyways, down to what i was originally talking about: is it possible to make a diesel engine in a maxx or revo truck? if so, would it be far too expensive(gas doesnt count), or could the truck itself be under $1k? im only thirteen, so i have little knowledge about this. i can take it apart, but good luck getting it back together
    "Do not think this ends here..."
    -Ganondorf

RC Champion
    They already make a diesel rc engine. They are not overly popular. From the little bit I read they are hard to tune. They also make a conversion kit but their is no real benefit especially when they do not run on pump diesel.

RC Racer
    thats exactly what i wanted them to run on, so when you're at the gas station, you can pick up some fuel for your truck while you're at it!!
    -Ganondorf

RC poster
    yeah, i have plane with a diesel engine, its very old, they don't even use a glow plug, just compression to fire.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird2000 View Post
    thats exactly what i wanted them to run on, so when you're at the gas station, you can pick up some fuel for your truck while you're at it!!
    No, they don't use the same diesel you get at the gas station, you still need to buy it from a HS.

RC Qualifier
    heck ANYTHING is possible, but to build a diesel engine that small is gonna cost ya. If it were a great idea some big company woudl have done it allready. They do have GAS engines, run on the same gas U get at gas station. too big for a tmaxx though. I believe 1/5 scale use em.

RC Racer
    yep and theres no market for 1/5
    -Ganondorf