RC Qualifier

Got my first Slash today!

With the FLM diff issue I having with my Bandit build, one thing did cheer me up today for sure. Picked up my first Slash at my lhs. It was a long wait, but I glad got at the right time. This is a direct replacement of another sct of a different brand I got as Christmas gift from my oldest brother like 2-3 years ago. I was so exciting about it until I ran into issues with it.

I wasn't expecting it to be this big roughly twice the size of my old one . To make my day even more cheerful the guy at hobby shop give a 10% discount on it . I just replaced the gear cover with a RPM one. I was going to use it for my Bandit, but I decide to put it on my Slash. One thing for sure I need to get RPM skid plates, don't want my Slash get caught on something with its stock skid plates.

Out with the old.....

In with the new.

Can't believe how big it is in person.

Those gears will be nice and clean for now.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow .
    Last edited by SouperkNight; 06-28-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Racer
    its difficult to ge stuck on the stock plates unless you bash on lots of lose sticks i run all stock skids on miy 2wd vxl mo problems but lose sticks in 3 years

RC poster
    nice buy! i just recently bought the blue version, however its nothing like the day i bought it, i run an emaxx body and did the jang wide mod now its super stable and has that old school rc small body big chassis feel, i love my slash, i hope urs grows on you too!

RC Champion
    Gotta love that new truck smell, lol you'll love it tommorrow
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    the best part is when you're pulling it out of the box for the first time. you're gonna have a blast with it
    "That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Drove it today, took easy to get a feel of it. Did some drifting a bit and made it catch some air 2-3 off a steep bank the 1st one was the best it. It landed ok until it went into 2 body rolls, no damage, but the right side on the rear bumper mount popped out (happen to my Bandit a few times so I know what to expect).

I ran my Bandit and E-MAXX off my steep bank before I got the Slash and so far it is the sweetest I seen catching air especially my first jump attempt (wish it was a perfect landing though). While I was cleaning it, I forgot to put duct tape on the sides where the nerf bars touches the body. The left side is barely noticeable, but the right side has a clear spot on it. I'm surprise how the body is loose unlike my Bandit and E-MAXX where the body clips are right on the body.

Never even came to me of duct taping the sides, well the body won't last forever.

Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

Yep they dont last long.
    Heres three that will hit the track tomorrow with the body's their sporting in the pic's.
    The blue truck in the rear has never seen the ground yet.
    The Rattler is a pro open truck,the illusion is a Robinson racing pro 2 truck,and the blue one is a box stock brushed slash.
    Ready for a beating.[IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.