Losi 3.4 Carb and MIP Clutch Review

Hey guys, I finally just got my Losi 3.4 carb and my MIP clutch in the mail today. I also bought a new engine block with bearings in it to fix my leaking bearing issues. I also bought a new crank because it was only $1 on Dollar Hobbyz. I'm going to install them in my Slayer today and write up a review.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Here I was waiting for a review to compare it to mine. Wednesday night I replaced the carb o-rings (the HSN dried and cracked) and the stock clutch exploded and so in went the MIP.
    Drove the truck this morning before work................
    The Super Derecho

Ok, I'm almost done, but I can't figure out how to make the throttle linkage work. Could some one post a picture of how they set up their throttle linkages? Thanks!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 07-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.

RC poster
    You need to file the shaft on carb to fit into the stock throttle fork. Take a small bit off then try but don't take off too much

You need to file the shaft on carb to fit into the stock throttle fork. Take a small bit off then try but don't take off too much
    Thanks, but it seems the throttle arm coming off the carb is too short also. Any other help?
    Pictures would be great!

RC poster
    I'm not home to get pics. Sorry. The losi has 2 different length arms. Both will work. The longer one you file above the ball end. The shorter one that sounds like you have file the ball end to fit in fork. File or grind it down almost to size is shaft just above ball. I've done it with both types and either one work well just rakes patience good luck it will be worth the work.

I suppose you want pics, huh? Forgot I had some in my Photobucket account until I opened it up to load some photos I just took from a camera that had dead batteries which I had to search for many more. You owe me!

And a close up I took today:

I'll admit, I found a spare stock clutch so that is in the engine now. The MIP is on the new engine sitting on the bench.
    I believe I'm at 3 turns HSN and a little more than 3 LSN with a 0.9mm idle gap. It rips and has a low idle. Still a little higher temps but the front bearing may be on its way and this engine has a piston from one engine and a sleeve from another though they were mated, per se, when Ray A repinched it and I broke them in. One maybe two gallons so far and going good!
    Last edited by Double G; 07-07-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    The Super Derecho

THANKS Double G!!

I been trying trying to start my Slayer for the last hour, with no luck. It was getting fuel, air, and the glow plug was brand new. Turn out the piston was in backwards. Oh well, live and learn!

Wells guys, I just got my Slayer running, and I must say WOW! I can't believe the difference the Losi 3.4 carb made! It's so much easier to tune now! Also, the MIP clutch is great! It hooks up much better than the stock one! Two thumbs up!