RC poster

Castle link Y adapter not working??

I just purchased the castle link adapter for my xo-1 so I don't have to take the receiver box off every time I want to change settings with the castle programming field card. I am pretty upset about this adapter because I cannot get it to work! I have hooked it up correctly and when I plug the card in nothing lights up. if I take the adapter off and just directly plug in it seems to work? I finally gave up and when I went to put everything back now my ESC just beeps at me and wont arm. tried to re-bind same thing does the six beeps for a 6c then just slow beeps after that. I don't know what happened. oh and if the adapter is plugged in to the ESC I can plug the card in and it works but once I plug into reciever then the long lead that goes to card wont work?

RC Champion
    The castle link card will not work properly if the ESC is still also plugged into a receiver, like it would be if you use a Y adapter. Also, some Y adapters for ESC's don't split/combine the power wire, which would also keep it from working.

I use a servo extension on my trucks that hangs out of the receiver box. Then, I can unplug the ESC and hook it up to the castle link easily.

The Field Card is intended to be plugged directly into the ESC, that is how it is used. I doubt it will ever work if you are trying to keep the ESC connected to the receiver and plugging the Field Card into the receiver, simply not how it was designed to work.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    ok so that castle link Y adapter is not used for that? I thought that is exactly what it says its for?

RC Champion
    Ah, sorry, the castle link y adapter. I was thinking just a regular y adapter.

It's supposed to detect the card on the other connection, and shut off the connection to the ESC. I guess your y-adapter is faulty then.

I was assuming you were just talking about a normal Y adapter I have never heard of a "Castle Link Adapter" that does what you are talking about.

I know what you mean about having to undo the receiver box every time you want to hook up Castle Link . My solution was just to buy an extension cable so I could unplug the ESC outside of the box to connect Castle Link to it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion

"I just purchased the castle link adapter for my xo-1"

IMO it's that good for nothing castle-link-live giving you trouble. Your new adaptor is messing up the communication between the esc and the RX. Try turning off the Castle-link-live with your programing card as a castle-link and a Windows PC and try it again. Your RX should shine green if it's red the esc won't arm. It's about the speed lock thing.

I guess I took my rx box apart too many times and broke my voltage sensor resistor. (That could have been mounted anywhere in that foot long section of wire but ends up mounted right at rx box entry and main fatigue point. Engineer=fail)

RC poster
    ok thanks, I will try that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I was assuming you were just talking about a normal Y adapter I have never heard of a "Castle Link Adapter" that does what you are talking about.

I know what you mean about having to undo the receiver box every time you want to hook up Castle Link . My solution was just to buy an extension cable so I could unplug the ESC outside of the box to connect Castle Link to it.
    This is what i do on all my ERBE based stuff. Much easier.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Racer
    Get one of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-AEC13...item43b2449a01

Will save you the hassle. All you'll need to do is pull out on of the positive pin and connect the ESC to it. Plus it's heavy gauge so it's good for the BEC and ESC