RC poster

Question Traxxas Stampede VXL 2WD Receiver/transmitter issue

Hi, I bought a traxxas stampede vxl 2wd 2 or 3 months ago, and a few days ago my transmitter started acting up and it unbinded itself from my receiver, but then I was able to re-bind it.. This time, Im not as lucky, I plugged my battery in yesterday to go drive with a couple of my friends, after plugging the battery in I turned on the ESC, I did my routine check of the system (Turning right then left) But it didnt work, so I checked the receiver and it was blinking slowly red, so I un-screwed all the screws and tried to re-link the transmitter and receiver, but this time it didn't work, so I dived into the manual to try and see a fix, when nothing read from there worked, I checked the URC and Traxxas forums for any similar problem.. Nothing found, but by then it was too late to call the hobby store I got the car from, so I called them this morning, but they didnt know what the problem could be and told me to post it up in the traxxas forums to try and get an answer so they could send me some new parts. They told me to call them back tomorrow after they talked to someone about this issue, but I still wanted to my this post to see if you guys could answer my problem. Sorry for my long write up but I didnt want to miss any details so I'd have to answer too many questions, Feel free to ask for additional information as I will provide this. Sorry for my english, Im norwegian so my main language is not english. Have a nice day, thanks in advance

Video of problem:

RC Qualifier
    I assume you've already read the owner's manual describing error codes, so that's the first thing. The only problem I've had with my rx/tx is when I let the batteries in the tx get low. I don't recall what the blink/color pattern was on either, but the first thing I would do after reading the manual is put in some new batteries and see if that doesn't fix the problem.
    Your English is great by the way!

RC poster
    I tried 2 different nimh batteries for the car and 4 different sets of AA batteries for the transmitter. Im gonna try my brothers old xl-5 transmitter and receiver in an hour or so and see if it works. If so, Im ordering a new controller and receiver today :P if not, then im clueless :S

Edit: Thanks btw!

RC poster
    I tried my brothers 27Mhz or whatever it is. It worked, how do I go about contacting the hobby store to get a new one sent? or should I just buy a new one?

RC Qualifier
    I would call them and ask them to swap out your defective transmitter/receiver. If they won't help you, you might have some luck contacting Traxxas directly.

RC poster
    Alright thanks for all the help man, calling them tomorrow asking them to send me a new one. If not I'll just buy a new one myself its not that expensive I just wanna go out and drive u know what I mean? ^^

Thanks again for all the help