RC Competitor

5352X friction pads collapsed in more very small piece.

Hello all !!

The my slayer in broken status now because TRA5352X collapsed .
    I can make friction pads from aluminum but i want know efforts for this unit.
    What is the limit force should provide a module built on TRA5352 (XR)?

Best regards!!

RC Qualifier
    I make my slipper pads out of a radiator hose, it works better than any of the high performance aftermarket pads I tried.

I run the aluminum pads myself with nothing but success. They hold up much better than the fiber pads. Just make sure to scuff them in before installing them or they'll slip too much and get very hot.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    I make my slipper pads out of a radiator hose, it works better than any of the high performance aftermarket pads I tried.
    radiator hose -> is it rubber?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy7a View Post
    I run the aluminum pads myself with nothing but success. They hold up much better than the fiber pads. Just make sure to scuff them in before installing them or they'll slip too much and get very hot.
    I want buy two complects 5352R with aluminium pads. But Very long time for waiting packet from USA. I think use the leather for pads. For fst fix.
    Last edited by Alexsy; 06-26-2013 at 05:18 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexsy View Post
    radiator hose -> is it rubber?
    Yes, it's a lower radiator hose for an old chevy van. I use it for many different things on my RC's.

RC Competitor
    Thanks!

Where i can found radiator hose for an old chevy van in Russia ?? it is joke!! . I found fast solution from aluminum wired. All photo show tomorrow, because my wired for telefone on the work now. And wait official part now.
    Last edited by Alexsy; 06-26-2013 at 08:38 AM.

RC Competitor
    So as promised:

It is my fast solution
    Last edited by Alexsy; 06-26-2013 at 10:23 PM.

5352X friction pads collapsed in more very small piece.

Loving the thought and ingenuity put into this,
    Traxxas Brake Disc T-Maxx
    ^^^ Is what I use on my ERBE and Summit in place of the slipper pads. It yields a pretty big sweet spot and stands up well to brushless abuse.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-28-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Loving the thought and ingenuity put into this,
    http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=7241
    ^^^ Is what I use on my ERBE and Summit in place of the slipper pads. It yields a pretty big sweet spot and stands up well to brushless abuse.
    Thanks!
    But wait from store.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-28-2013 at 12:18 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    Yes, it's a lower radiator hose for an old chevy van. I use it for many different things on my RC's.
    Can you represent photo your solution? for experience.
    Last edited by Alexsy; 06-26-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Hey ksb, does the T-Maxx brake disk just drop right in? Is there any mods needed? Thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

It should just drop right in. Maybe a little bit of mod to make the holes bigger. There's a thread or two or more in the other forums about this.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It should just drop right in. Maybe a little bit of mod to make the holes bigger. There's a thread or two or more in the other forums about this.
    Correct. The holes need to be widened a little toward the outside edge of the disc. Depending on the exact thickness of the disc and the model's gear cover, some "clearancing" of the inside of the gear cover may be necessary.
    I've just checked the disc installed in my ERBE. Nice, even wear on the steel disk and the slipper-brake disk, which is showing every bit of its surface being swept. That's a lot more contact than any three slipper pads.
    Alt-241 on the number pad =

That looks great Alexsy. The thickness of the wire is near perfect fit.

Thanks KSB for the brake disc mod as well.

RC Competitor
    Please explain my What this is KSB?

RC Competitor
    the wire thickness must be great pin on the gear wheel. i am use 2.5 mm - 0.1'

Though I applaud your ingenuity, I would not trust that wire with the sharp deformities on it as it will cut into the slipper plate. In addition make sure the correct thickness is used otherwise the spur gear will not sit evenly with the clutch bell and allow it to strip easier. Use something better designed for your application. I've had the same set of pads for 6 gallons now without an issue. When I first got into this hobby I read up on a lot of stuff before purchasing my T-Maxx and one of them was to put a dab of tire glue on the back of the pad and attach it to the pressure plate.
    If I didn't have a spare set of pads I would purchase the T-Maxx brake pad referenced above and use that.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Though I applaud your ingenuity, I would not trust that wire with the sharp deformities on it as it will cut into the slipper plate. In addition make sure the correct thickness is used otherwise the spur gear will not sit evenly with the clutch bell and allow it to strip easier. Use something better designed for your application. I've had the same set of pads for 6 gallons now without an issue. When I first got into this hobby I read up on a lot of stuff before purchasing my T-Maxx and one of them was to put a dab of tire glue on the back of the pad and attach it to the pressure plate.
    If I didn't have a spare set of pads I would purchase the T-Maxx brake pad referenced above and use that.
    I am do measure distantion between gear and friction disk. i am can`t saw different over 0.05 mm. And this solution for waiting official part from eBay. For Russion country i have 2 way 3 * price + shipping to russin daler or wait from USA :-( 3-4 week + shipping. Russion language have next
    sentence "Nude man is be very creative."
    My bad English.

P.S i am replace to variant
    ---
    | |
    - -
    all pads
    Last edited by Alexsy; 07-01-2013 at 10:25 AM.

RC Champion
    I doubt you would have posted if your spur wobbled and spit out metal shavings. Good job making alternative parts Russian dude.