RC Racer

painting a prographix 5312x need advice

Hi,
    It was time to get a new body on my revo. The old one was trashed. I went to my LHS and was hoping to just get a new painted body. Instead they had this prographix body where part of it is painted and part is clear waiting for paint. The one I got was black, silver, with some yellow and orange. Now i can't decided what to do with the clear areas. So i need some advice.

Do you suggest taking a 1 complimentary color- like the orange and painting the entire clear area the same color? Or do people do other things or use multiple colors. If anyone reading this purchased the same body what color did you paint it. Can you post a photo.

Thanks

RC Competitor
    Just pick a color u feel would go good. I just painted a solid clear 5310. I sprayed light met. Blue in a skim coat and then come back with a dark met blue haze coat. And then sprayed met black behind it. It looks pretty sweet imo

RC Racer
    What is the difference between a haze coat and a skim coat? Do you pain the windows?

RC Competitor
    U pain't the bottom side. And some come with window stickers. And some come with pieces u cover up the windows with before painting. Mine had the stickers. And no difference really. I just wanted the appearence of a flip paint job. Where u see the light and dark blue in it.
    Zip ties work wonders for broken shock towers!

unless you just do a color fade, it is tough to pinpoint the different colors to block off on a prographix shell.
    They are made more or less for a single backer color.

Not saying it cant be done, but they looks great with a single backer.
    I did my ERBE prographix with a hot pink back.

** they do not have clear windows as Just_plain_lost mentioned above. Most all bodies do, but not the Prographix bodies.
    Last edited by Cameron; 07-03-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

RC Competitor

RC Racer
    Nice job. Can you tell me what is the deal with the fin in the back? Is it for show or does it have a purpose?

RC Competitor
    Thanks. It does have a purpose. It's for downforce. But I got it for looks basically. I dnt race. And I wanted a revo so I built this one.

RC Racer
    if you want go to my photos on photobucket fasteddy6 its my prografics for my slash just painted 3 colors yellow on front blue on top stripe pink on bottom looks good to me