RC Racer

How to STOP XO-1

Does anyone know or can they give me the settings for the BEST braking set-up.. I need BRAKES...

RC Champion
    I can't remember if the brakes are set to full strength in the firmware from the factory. Do you castle link?
    Stop busting my canards!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    I can't remember if the brakes are set to full strength in the firmware from the factory. Do you castle link?
    Yeah I got castle link... Think I would get rid of reverse and see if that will help the brakes

RC Champion
    Getting rid of reverse will not help the brakes. You can change brake % and brake curve via the castle link. I think default may be 50%, but I'm not sure. Keep in mind that when changing the gearing for high speed, the brakes will feel less strong. You will have to increase the % to get more.

RC Racer
    Thanks Ponie... Will change settings and see what happens... bTW, I decreased the pinion to 27 for less speed... I just miscalculated the stopping distance and ate a car wheel... full brake did not help.... anyways... Waiting for parts to come in to repair my XO... ETA Sat...

RC Champion
    Keep us updated.

RC Racer
    All fixed... A-Arms solid... 0 slop... Replaced front shock tower, front end splitter etc, new control arms and cleaned re greased bearings... The XO looks good again, deep breath, until I wreck ;-)... SO I removed reverse with castle link and brake is set to 100% and linear... gonna run tonight again, but this time, I am not going to race anyone, just speed runs... see what happens... will let you guys know how it runs...

RC Champion
    Looking forward to an update.

Do you ever use reverse as an emergency stop? I do with my trucks, don't have a XO1 though. I also have anti-lock brakes with my Futaba.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Reverse was not changing things, so got rid of it... Only issue now is my XO flips at 70 plus... Gonna try an drop it down...
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Do you ever use reverse as an emergency stop? I do with my trucks, don't have a XO1 though. I also have anti-lock brakes with my Futaba.

RC Champion
    Might wanna add a little weight up front or go easier on the throttle.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Might wanna add a little weight up front or go easier on the throttle.
    Am gonna trim the body and lower the body posts... Too much space above the wheels... See what happens ... Adding weight ... Not sure... May try if better aerodynamics fail...

RC Champion
    Keep us updated.

RC Racer
    That's really weird that it flips at 70 mph. I only run mine at 78 mph and have never had it flip. I don't run the high down force splitter either. I often catch air off a manhole cover at 78 mph. It gets up maybe 5 inches off the ground but comes back down every time. Are your rear shocks too soft ??

RC Racer
    After 70 it's stable until a bump or correction with steering and over it goes... I use the high speed splitter all the time... Also, my shocks all around are pretty stiff... I have the revo shocks installed... Have no clue... I am going to buy a nitro on road and just make this xo my shelf queen... Spent waaaay too much money on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    That's really weird that it flips at 70 mph. I only run mine at 78 mph and have never had it flip. I don't run the high down force splitter either. I often catch air off a manhole cover at 78 mph. It gets up maybe 5 inches off the ground but comes back down every time. Are your rear shocks too soft ??

RC Champion
    The 2075 servo isn't known to be the fastest responding servo out there but on this car it works too well imo. I turn my steering expo to 100% and still have a hard time keeping the car straight. I never had this problem with my rustler. I'm thinking the 2wd had something to do with that. Maybe I'll have better luck with my 2wd xo-1. I hope to get it out soon for some actual high speed runs.

RC Racer
    Turn your steering end points down with your ipod or whatever you use. I don't remember off the top of my head what I have mine turned down to. But it helped a lot !!!

RC Champion
    I've thought about that but that won't slow down the servo. Turning around would be a pain. I wonder if turning down the bec voltage would help to slow it down. It's at 5.5 volts right now.

RC Racer
    It isn't noticeable when you need to turn around. Just don't turn it down too much. I think I have mine turned down to 79.6 %. You have to go to the Garage, Channel Setup, then steering. You need to turn down the endpoints. Trust me TRY IT !!! It helps tremendously.

RC Champion
    Does reducing the endpoints affect how much the wheels turn in comparison to wheel on the tx? I would think that it wouldn't. I thought the endpoints were simply how far you wanted the wheels to travel when turning. Please explain how this helps. Btw I dont use the stock esc. I have an xl2.

The endpoint sets how far the wheel will turn left and right, with an endpoint for each direction. The full turn of the handwheel will make the wheel fully turn to its endpoint. Your endpoint setting determines how far the wheel turns. For extreme speed runs you can narrow the endpoints so a full turn of the handwheel moves the tire a shorter distance for better control.

RC Qualifier
    Oh I think I get it, decreasing the endpoints in almost like adding more expo in a way, say you turn your wheel 30% so with expo on the car wheels turn say 10%(just guessing), now if your endpoints are smaller, when you turn your wheel 30%, the wheels still turn the 10%-but now that 10% is a smaller distance thereby seemingly increasing expo. Right? Thats interesting.

RC Champion
    I'm not sure if that's how it works. It just stops the wheels from turning any further than what you set it at. Unless I'm mistaken.

RC Racer
    Yes that's how it works. Turning the steering wheel the same amount as before will make the car steer way less. It makes driving so much easier.

RC Champion
    So when you adjust the endpoints, the actual steering of the car vs the tx is proportional? I'll have to give it a shot.

Decreasing the endpoint makes the servo turn less. How much less depends on your adjustment of the endpoint setting.

RC Champion
    I get that but is the tx proportional to the servo? In other words if I turn the tx wheel to the right or left, do the wheels stop before the tx wheel is fully turned? Or does the tx wheel endpoint end up the same as the servo endpoint?

RC Racer
    No and No. Try it. ITs not hard to change back if you don't like it.

RC Champion
    What about the dual rate? I just set my multifunction knob to control it and it appears to be what I may need. I think maybe this is what you guys are talking about? The dual rate actually limits the servo movement in a %. The more you have, the more the servo will travel. Also the less you have, the less the servo will travel. In other words, at 100% I get full servo travel. At 0%, I get no servo travel. Messing around with it with the car in the air, I was able to get an idea of how this can help me. Before a run, I can just turn the dual rate down and have very limited steering during the run. When the run is over, I can turn it back to 100% and have full steering travel to turn around. This may be the ticket.