RC Qualifier

Best place online to buy nitro fuel...

Since the hobby shop is not so close for my house, its kind of far... Anyone have any recommendations to buy 20 percent nitro fuel online? Any brands out there that are OK grade to use at a decent price....

Thanks guys. Promo code will be appreciated.

The Hazmat delivery charges kill individual sales of Nitro Fuel over the internet, bet prepared to buy a case (4 gallons) for it to be worth while.

Better off going to the LHS let them buy fuel in bulk....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    i buy from my lhs (not really local) its an hour and a 1/2 way i just buy more then i need
    Last edited by jwc0108; 05-15-2013 at 12:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    The Hazmat delivery charges kill individual sales of Nitro Fuel over the internet, bet prepared to buy a case (4 gallons) for it to be worth while.

Better off going to the LHS let them buy fuel in bulk....
    Really?? I have boughten 3 Gallons so far now off of Ebay from Arctic Fuels 20% Nitro and any Mix % of Castor or Synthetic Oil you want and the shipping has never been more then $19.99.
    Currently I see they have a deal selling for $23.99 with $16.99 Shipping for a total of $40.98.
    The last 2 gallons I bought from them I believe was $38 for both Gallons and $19.99 for shipping but I will double check to be sure.
    I had One Gallon Blended 20% Castor and the Other 12% Castor and 4% Synthetic just to see how it did.
    I do know I had Issues running lean last Winter (Smoked a lot of Glow Plugs) Yet found no (0) Heat/lean damage to the engine components themselves so I am happy I tried a mix a bit heavy on oil %.
    I have read and been told the Higher percentage of oil will take away power but personally I have not seen that and am happy I did not have to replace engine.
    Unfortunately I cannot get the Info Oh wait I did find it Total with Shipping 2 Gallons ended up costing $57.98
    They have Qt, 1/2 Gallon, Gallon, 4 Gallon Listings so you may want to check them out they also have 10%,20%,30% Nitro listings.
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)

RC Qualifier
    I order vp power master from tower hobbies. I can get six gallons of vp, with one hazmat fee, $25 I think. The six gallon case is around $160. It is not to bad, most of the time it gets spit two or three ways. It is the best deal I have found. Other wise I have to drive 120 miles one way, which with gas, taking the wife out to eat, and the shopping, ends up costing me about $200 a gallon. If you factor all of the other cost in that is, gas is $50 by itself.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered two quarts of vp powermaster twenty percent nitro fuel. it says 9 percent oil blend. is this ok to use on my tmaxx 3.3 ? enough lubrication? is it prety much the same as traxxas twenty percent in terms of LUBRICATION?

RC Qualifier
    I'm no nitro expert, but I think 9% is way too low. I believe 12% is a little lean and 20% is a little rich on a 3.3. I use and like Traxxas top fuel 20% and I Think it is somewhere in that range.

RC Qualifier
    ok I canceled order and will get a refund. I guess ill stick to top fuel twenty percent
    and buy it in gallons at the hobby shop cuse I think I tuned ir just right and I like driving it on the aggressive side of the scale and the tmaxx gets thirsty when it runs it wants to wheelie.

RC Qualifier
    The vp works very good. If you tune properly no problems. It is of course up to the individual what they use and like. If you want the same as top fuel look into side winder back yard basher. It is the same as top fuel. And alot of times is cheaper. What ever works good for you though is what you should run. Some times you are limited to what your lhs carries.

Is my phone smarter than me?
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by westoakmech View Post
    I order vp power master from tower hobbies. I can get six gallons of vp, with one hazmat fee, $25 I think. The six gallon case is around $160. It is not to bad, most of the time it gets spit two or three ways. It is the best deal I have found. Other wise I have to drive 120 miles one way, which with gas, taking the wife out to eat, and the shopping, ends up costing me about $200 a gallon. If you factor all of the other cost in that is, gas is $50 by itself.
    how do you like the vp? ive used it in one of my engines and wasnt to impressed with it

RC Qualifier
    I like it alot. I have ran about 8 gallons of it so far, and have had no issues. I am running 30%. I of course had to retune, everything runs nice and cool, and it seems to make more power. This is based off from temps to performance. I tune alot by sound, performance, and then watch the temps. I have one engine that has had about 4 gallons through it of the vp, and it was broken in on vp. I tore it down the other day, because I had it off any way, and it looks like new inside. So like I said, I like it alot. I do also like the top fuel, and the morgan fuels, like sidewinder, and back yard basher. Morgan also makes the traxxas top fuel, or they were the last bottle of top fuel I bought. Cost helps make the choice for me. The vp ships 6 gallons to a case for the same hazmat fee, as a 4 gallon case of manufactures. If you can get it local just buy some and try it. Everybody has the there own taste per say as to what they like.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    whats the deal with the oil content... higher oil content better lube but less performance?? Any numbers to go byyy... like 8 percent oil content for racing vs 15 percent oil content for bashing??? I will stick to 20 percent nitro, but whats a good range of oil content for bashing around on my tmaxx 3.3.

RC Qualifier
    is this any good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torco-RC-Fue...item2c58c27081

Torco RC Fuel 20% Nitro Car & Truck Gallon

RC Qualifier
    I would not say more oil = less performance. I have run byrons, with 16% or 18%, and I did not like it. Seemed to run dry to me, even with that much oil. Alot of it boils down to personel preference. I can not tell you which fuel to run, only what I like. Everybody tunes a little different, some guys tune to the lean side for wheelies and what not. I myself try to keep the wheelies out. I tune my suspension so that maybe a bump wheelie, but I do not like it to just pull up. If you are pretty new to the nitro hobbie. I would suggest a fuel with a higher oil content. It will be a little more forgiving depending on your tune. I would suggest that you find something that you like, and have good results, stick with it. Your ease of resupply may factor into that. The traxxas top fuel is very good fuel, if it is easy for you to get, and works good, stick with it.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    is this any good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torco-RC-Fue...item2c58c27081

Torco RC Fuel 20% Nitro Car & Truck Gallon
    I've tried it. Works great.
    Revo 3.3

RC Racer
    So does any one know the exact oil % in TOP FUEL?
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
    whats the deal with the oil content... higher oil content better lube but less performance?? Any numbers to go byyy... like 8 percent oil content for racing vs 15 percent oil content for bashing??? I will stick to 20 percent nitro, but whats a good range of oil content for bashing around on my tmaxx 3.3.
    When tuned right the oil doesn't burn, but it still needs to be expelled from the engine... Too much oil means the engine is now having to work hard to get rid of the used oil.

Oil content can have a lot of people thrown for a loop.. for a number of reasons.

% of overall content is a blend of oils. Some blends will have a higher viscosity (thicker) than others and in this case they may use a slightly less % of overall oil content... So keep this in mind.

Also viscosity of the oil being too thick will also affect the performance in the same way as having too much oil %.

I find most of the RTR blends of fuels (some stating after run not needed) have a tendency not to perform as well at higher RPMS than others. This is just MY HANDS ON experiences with them...

I can say the fuels I like from what I've ran are
    Odonnels Racing Formula
    Traxxas Top Fuel
    Maxy's fuel
    Byrons fuels
    Powermaster

That is in nor specific preferencial order. I have stuck with Odonnels Racing formula for some time now, I see no reason to stop as I have had great performance and engine life out of ALL my Nitro RC engines...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Just picked up som VP powermaster's master basher at the LHS for 20 a gal. I hope its good.
    T-MAXX 2.5R
    Slayer Pro
    Revo
    Monster Pirate