RC Racer

Body and A-arm Upgrade

Here are a few pics of my upgraded XO-1 with new lightweight pinion, aluminum a-arms and reinforced body with inner coat lining and reinforced roof with sliders... Ran 88mph... No problems... IMHO the alum arms makes the xo track and handle soo much better than stock, going to drag race later so will see how she does with competition...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    I think that when I get my XO-1 this will be the first...maybe only...upgrade i'll do to it. Every one seems to break A-Arms I've noticed. I know many will say the aluminum will "bend" but I've had an all aluminum rustler for over 2 years now that's seen the nastiest of crashes and all I've bent were castors. Plus the fact that FLM supposed to be the best aluminum out there steers me to purchasing those arms for this rig.

Keep us updated on the durability of these. Oh and by the way, that's a sick body you have on that Xo-1

RC Champion
    I like the sliders MD, looking sweet!

RC Racer
    Thanks Guys... Raced my XO last night, did not have enough room to stop and nailed a car wheel... Broke bulkhead and shock tower... Flipped a couple times on my lid and the sliders saved the body perfectly... That's a permanent addition now to my body set up... As for my Arms... No problems at all... Am stickin with Aluminum as the car tracks straight with no slop and handles well...

RC Qualifier
    Looks great man. I like the roof mod.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    Looking good. Can you remind me what you used for the roof sliders? I wrote it down somewhere but forgot.
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Yeah more details on the sliders please.

RC Racer
    No problem... Go to Home Depot... They cost $7... The name is Magic Sliders and they come in many shapes... I like these because they are light and have a flexible backing which forms to the shape of the XO body's roof... I used industrial strength 3M double sided tape and then reinforced with thin aluminum sheeting... Countersink with drill so that hex bolt sit inside the slider, so when they bruise along the ground while sliding the hex heads are protected... So far I have flipped and wrecked and my xo body is still going strong except the other exposed areas that I cannot protect...

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info!

RC Racer
    No problem... Btw for $7 at Home Depot you get a set of 4 in the pack!!! So while they take a while to bruise down, you have a backup...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Nice ride man! I'm digg'n the roof sliders also. Next time i'm at HD or Lowe's i'm going to grab me some of those.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 MD View Post
    Thanks Guys... Raced my XO last night, did not have enough room to stop and nailed a car wheel... Broke bulkhead and shock tower... Flipped a couple times on my lid and the sliders saved the body perfectly... That's a permanent addition now to my body set up... As for my Arms... No problems at all... Am stickin with Aluminum as the car tracks straight with no slop and handles well...
    Where did you get the aluminum arms? I haven't been able to find a part number for the arms anywhere.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher98 View Post
    Where did you get the aluminum arms? I haven't been able to find a part number for the arms anywhere.
    its made by FLM
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Fro...item2ec111b87a
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    Thank you!

RC Enthusiast
    How did you get the A arms from FLM to fit properly? You can't use any of the stock suspension pins, the axle carriers don't seem to fit without slight modification (too wide).
    Last edited by ModSquad68; 07-26-2013 at 03:36 PM.

RC Racer
    I cut the thicker pins the arms came with... The rears fit with no mod needed... for the front, use the dremel to cut groves in the ends for the e-clips to fit... not hard... just take your time...

Quote Originally Posted by ModSquad68 View Post
    How did you get the A arms from FLM to fit properly? You can't use any of the stock suspension pins, the axle carriers don't seem to fit without slight modification (too wide).

RC Enthusiast
    The rears on mine don't even fit in the axle carriers. Never even tried the front after that. Got them from the link you posted.

RC Racer
    Not sure why... mine fit perfectly... do you have a caliper to post measurements?