RC poster

Rear axel hub part

Well today I was screwing around jumping (again....) and my left rear axle and tire decided to wear out and how I don't know but here are some pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/94pazn3ec149s8l/2Wvi9A_8yD

If anyone has any idea of how to fix it and what parts i need it would be very helpful

RC Qualifier
    For a quick cheap fix you can super glue the hex into the hub. Other than that you need new wheels, I would recommend aluminum or steel hex's. They help a lot in preventing that.

RC Competitor
    looks like wheel nut was loose also I see some debris behind the hex in the last pic could have caused a bind and melted the hex. I have not had this happen in 9 yrs. of running mine and extreme jumping. I still have my original hex's. knock on wood.
    JATO, MERV, 4-TEC, & NITRO-VEE

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RYCRKT View Post
    looks like wheel nut was loose also I see some debris behind the hex in the last pic could have caused a bind and melted the hex. I have not had this happen in 9 yrs. of running mine and extreme jumping. I still have my original hex's. knock on wood.
    How tight should the wheel nut be to prevent this happening? Some says that over tightening them would also cause this so I don't know how much should I tight them It already happened to me once and I don't want it to happened twice :'(

RC poster
    Another question i have is ive got a stock servo the 2018 should i upgrade to the 2055 or just stick with the one I've got?

Im probably going to end up getting aluminum hexes and some new tires, so i run mostly in the street and occasionally in the grass what type of tires would you recommend?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spider95Legz View Post
    Another question i have is ive got a stock servo the 2018 should i upgrade to the 2055 or just stick with the one I've got?

Im probably going to end up getting aluminum hexes and some new tires, so i run mostly in the street and occasionally in the grass what type of tires would you recommend?
    You should get a battery pack for the servos, I have the pro-line road rages in my Jato, I only drive on the street and I like them a lot heres a link

http://prolineracing.com/tires/road-...tires-mounted/

RC Racer
    I had the same thing happen to me. I just painted and mounted new tires and then that happened. If I were to get the aluminum splined hexes would I need new rims? I've been wanting to do the alum hexes on my revo too but I am not sure if I need new wheels

RC Qualifier
    Yea, you can use alum hex's with plastic wheels. Just make sure you get the right size hex's to fit your wheels.

RC Racer
    What about the aluminum splined hexes? Or are all alum hexes splined?

RC Racer
    The ones in his picture, are they 14mm?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by subyhau View Post
    How tight should the wheel nut be to prevent this happening? Some says that over tightening them would also cause this so I don't know how much should I tight them It already happened to me once and I don't want it to happened twice :'(
    You need to hand tighten so as to not have any slop the wheel nut is a nylon coated nut so it wont back out. Just like a real vehicle you wouldnt wont them loose and if you over tighten you will do even more damage if you use a 7mm nut driver from ahobby shop here is an example http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...73&p_catid=162 just about everyone makes them I prefer the MIP if you can find the and they are a little more $$$. YOUR CHOICE.
    JATO, MERV, 4-TEC, & NITRO-VEE

RC poster
    Bndit they were the stock 12mm hexes but im going to get a pair of aluminum