Thread: My maxx.

RC Racer

My maxx.

- Castle 1717

- UE Racer-X

- UE 7.5 diffs

- Proline shocks

- Dual Airtronics 94358 = 400oz of torque

I used to run it on 4s but the only battery I have now is a Reedy 5s.... Can't wait to see what happens!
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 06-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.

RC Champion
    I do like the rear drive assembly. That is a nice E-MAXX
    Last edited by ajcar; 06-20-2013 at 06:09 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    Hey, thanks!

The servos are actually 94773. I hope the rear cvds hold up, they are UE also. The MIP shafts were too short and twisted like candy canes.

RC poster
    they will hold up...i run mine on 6s all the time. nice truck, been wanting to find a set of racerX arms FOREVER!

RC Racer
    What motor and wheel/tire combo are you running? The setback arms put the shafts on a steep angle, that's my only concern.

RC poster
    Running the mammba monster 2200 motor and mm2 waterproof esc.

And do you mean the truck sits higher then normal? Not sure what you mean buy steep angle from the pictures.

How long have you have the arms?

RC Racer

I have had them for a few months now. The arms extend the wheelbase of the truck.

RC poster
    understand now. they should be fine as long as the pins are well seated in the drive cups. and yep i know what they do i just didn't understand what angle you were getting at ha!

where did you get a set of those at? lucky enough to find them used?

RC Racer
    Yea. They were a part of Mad Cow build.

The two still assembled were up front. The other one was in the rear and I can't find the 4th shaft, may have already thrown away. The UE shafts seem to be holding up.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-10-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: merge

Ouch!
    So much for those MIP shafts, did you wreck it or was it just the BL/lipo power that did it?
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    They were boarderline too short so I think the power bowed them enough to pop out and get caught on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenparts View Post
    They were borderline too short so I think the power bowed them enough to pop out and get caught on something.
    Sounds like they came out of the cup just enough so when the suspension compressed they bound & bent with the power.
    Good looking truck.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Thanks!

Seems like the drive terrain is holding up now. I ripped the ball ends off of the shock shafts. New shocks and straps might be my next purchase.

RC Champion
    as always the racer x with setback arms is bad a! Time for some great assembly bulkheads!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Racer
    Where did u get the arms ?

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunamonkey View Post
    Where did u get the arms ?
    Fellow member. I did a searche for supermaxx builds and sent out a bunch of messages. Had to look hard for em!

I would really like a VBS system now...
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 08-19-2013 at 09:20 PM.

RC Champion
    A guy on the ue forum said he would sell his mint vbs....for $1600

RC Racer
    ........No.

RC Racer
    I went to my lhs today and these were staring at me on the wall...

Went home with a pair of front and tear traxxas aluminum bulks.

Ooooooh shiiiiiiiiiinyyy! Lookin good.

Now all you need is some aluminum chassis braces & you aught be as bullet proof as possible with the stock chassis.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    I don't know if I want aluminum braces. I wouldn't mind having a weak link in the truck somewhere and braces/chassis is easy/cheap enough to replace if things do go wrong >.<

RC Qualifier
    I see you don'tput the motor gear cover on, and you have part of your windshield cut away. How much does that help with the cooling of your motor?

RC Qualifier
    I acquired 2 complete racer x setups over the past month. Search, hunt, and dig deep....and you will find...Oh, but get ready to pay big bucks...Can't wait to build my Supermaxxes.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Babby View Post
    I acquired 2 complete racer x setups over the past month. Search, hunt, and dig deep....and you will find...Oh, but get ready to pay big bucks...Can't wait to build my Supermaxxes.
    $$$$$$. I hope you make a build thread here as well.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    $$$$$$. I hope you make a build thread here as well.
    Definitely. Just waiting for my HVL. It'll be 1717 powered.
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Racer
    The window is cut out because this body was originally intended for a nitro truck and the gear cover doesn't fit the after market motor mount. This motor only gets warm to the touch by running it hard. That's part of the reason I wanted the 1717, its fast and I don't really have to worry about monitoring the temps!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    How do you like the Traxxas bulkheads? I've looked at those and those by FLM and haven't decided given my moderate usage of my E-Maxx whether I should just enjoy the stock sealed diffs with Traxxas blue aluminum bulks or go for the hybrid FLM units with 1/8 offroad buggy diffs.

RC Racer
    I haven't ran them long enough to know anything about them. The FLM bulks have bigger tabs to hold the suspension pins but I don't know if all that extra material is necessary. The fit and finish is great on these pieces. If you run your truck on the regular basis and haven't had any issues I would keep the stock diffs and just buy a ring, pinion and bearings to keep as spares.

RC Racer
    I was looking for some aluminum bulks and these were hangin on the wall at my local hobby shop, I couldn't resist! I just hope I won't regret the decision. They seem pretty tough.

RC Qualifier
    I like how in your pic you made sure to pull the rear wheels and show off that beautiful rear end suspension set up. Well done.

- Mike
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_cat1 View Post
    How do you like the Traxxas bulkheads? I've looked at those and those by FLM and haven't decided given my moderate usage of my E-Maxx whether I should just enjoy the stock sealed diffs with Traxxas blue aluminum bulks or go for the hybrid FLM units with 1/8 offroad buggy diffs.
    If you are entertaining getting the ultimate hybrid bulks then by all means get them! They are awesome and are a large step in bullet-proofing your EMaxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Babby View Post
    I like how in your pic you made sure to pull the rear wheels and show off that beautiful rear end suspension set up. Well done.

- Mike

I built the truck around the suspension...
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 09-01-2013 at 04:52 AM.

RC Racer

Her she is ready to run minus the pinion gear. I ordered another one from Kershaw, I need a 30t at least. I need to hunt down some bulk braces and bumpers. Looking at T-bone racing bumpers.

RC Champion
    The TBone bumpers are great for bashing. They are ugly IMO but are function>form

I'm sure you've seen these on ebay right now? http://www.ebay.com/itm/UE-Supermaxx...item27d732a4b2

I just noticed that your front upper arms are facing the wrong direction and need to be flipped.

RC Racer
    Thanks for pointing that out! I thought there was something off about the front geometry

RC Racer
    I hate technoy sometimes. I had to do a factory reset on my phone :/
    I see them but I don't really have the cash to spend atm and I don't run a UE front tower. I have one but only have the mounting hardware for 1/8 shocks and I want to run the power strokes. UE hasn't responded to me and I don't see exactly what I need on their site. Ill wait until the auction gets close to the end, I don't think they are going anywhere at that price.

Nice truck! Is that two mono blocks? I'm jealous!! I don't know if I want a longer truck but one is definitely on my list of things to buy.
    Last edited by Brokenparts; 09-01-2013 at 07:25 PM.

RC Racer
    Nice rig,

Here are a couple of pics of mine i am still waiting on parts to finish them off.

My UE G4

My ALL GMAXX

I have 4 on the build at the moment. I am building a custom center diff mount for the G4 so i dont have to drill into the chassis, the G2 EXT is waiting on diffs and shafts, i also have a carbon G2 EXT that the Gmaxx arms are out getting powdercoated for an all black stealth build. I will make a custom motor mount for that as well, and a G2 EXT all alloy with UE Racer X and setbacks and a gorilla single speed trans

Last edited by AngryEVO8; 09-01-2013 at 08:36 PM.

RC Racer

Nice rigs!

Would you happen to have an extra set of shock mounts for UE towers? What else can I use? I want to get the other tower on my truck.

RC Racer
    Broken parts, as always I have liked this truck. Your doing a great job with it upgrading as you go. Love the tires

SLW, $1600 for VBS is crazy. Sadly with the new chassis coming out I'm afraid that the price on them isn't going to be going down anytime soon. Do yourself a favor and wait until they come back down. I have seen them sell for $500. But on the other hand I've heard of $2500 being paid for a set.

Angryevo8, you have some great stuff there, but so many powerstrokes and no Kmaxx Spring Separators? NOOOO.... HAHA, keep up the building guys.