RC Competitor

First run after major upgrades and time !!!! THANK YOU

After the long upgrade process. Here is what I did. please stay tuned for a note after this list

Front and Rear Sway bars - check
    Front and Rear MIP axels - check
    Front steering hubs - check
    Front steering knuckles - check
    Front and Rear Big Bore Shocks - Check
    Rear Steering Arms - Check
    RPM A arms throughout - check
    Clear Gear cover - check
    15 tooth Pinion gear - check
    King Headz Motor Mount - Check
    Tenshock sc401v2 3800kv motor - check
    Integy Heatsink and Fan - check - first was DOA. New one works great.
    Hobbywing sc8 ESC - check
    17mm Hexes - check
    3.2 Revolver rims - check
    2.8 trencher tires - check (done stampede fanatics way, without grinding rims. Worked great, so far)
    STRC Motor plate - check
    Aluminum shock caps - check
    New spur gear
    Lowered Body - used tall metal posts (drilled new holes in to the body mount bars. Works great.

So... after all these upgrades im finally ready to run for a while. Seems like aluminum shock towers may be on the docket.. Why not?

Ran my first pack tonight. 5000mah 3s 20c lipo. I cant begin to tell you how great this truck ran tonight... it was MUCh quieter than my first trial. I think the motor was not mounted as tight as it needed to be.
    I clocked it at 57mph with GPS on a couple speed runs. Its so much more stable on the dirt and rocks with the new tires and sway bars. I hit a couple of curbs pretty hard at least 45mph and nothing. I cart-wheeled one time about 15 turns, No issues.
    This thing is a beast.

Want to thank ALL of you guys on here that have helped me. 1 month ago i had NO idea what I was doing. none at all. new to the hobby... Things change quick after a project like this.

The tenshock motor , whoa... I havent run a MM2 or any castle stuff, but i cant imagine anything better than this thing.

Thanks again everyone

RC Qualifier
    Well put together Pede. You will enjoy it more with every run. The only thing I would say you need to upgrade is that battery. 20C is too low for this truck and upgraded motors. For the batteries I use, going from 30C to 40C made a huge difference in smoothness and available power. Not to mention less strain on the battery. I was actually pretty surprised. But in the meantime, enjoy your new ride.

RC Competitor
    just got a 40c battery the other day. just didnt run it tonight.. thanks slaughter.. any upgrades you see missing?
    maybe wheelie bar. that thing is a pos

RC Champion
    Looks like you built yourself a pretty durable piece that will be tons of fun. The only thing I can recommend to add is a strc steering bell crank. The strc one is aluminum so it will offer more consistent steering and allows you to adjust the servo saver spring. Have fun with your truck!
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    We definitely want to see some videos of the truck and upgrades you've done and bashing time as well. I've finally got my Pede build done tonight. I ran into an issue with the MM2 going into smoke two weeks ago and it came in yesterday and did a few more upgrades like front MIPS X DUTY since I had the back done. Mounted a new receiver box because mine was too small with the wires I had because I've got telemetry setup on it. Only thing I need to install are my front and read RPM ARMS. Well good job on your build. Definitely post some pictures and videos man.

I am glad you love your tenshock dude Mines been running awesome for over ten months and its still blows my mind every time I run 3s .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Competitor
    i cant imagine not running 3s... I mean i would like to use 2s from time to time, but in the field to have to reprogram the ESC is silly

I have got mine setup to run 2s and 3s because I have three 2s and two 3s and it awesome on 2s and just hardcore on 3s plus I have the program card in my toolbox so if I need I can change any setting in a flash so its all good .......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!