RC Competitor

Tekno RC sway bar hitting cooling head

As I says, I got all excited, looked around the board and everyone saying how they fit the 2.5 AND 3.3. Well, with stock gearing the rear bar rod end hits the the head. Ughh. Don't know that I want to put a 40 T spur on it to move the engine out. I also run the Vantage CF chassis. I may have to take a dremel to the head, or, take it off, and trade the whole setup for a traxxas style.

Anyone have any workarounds or cures? I was just doing it last night and haven't had time to look at more. Just looking for some ideas.

Slayer Pro,Nitro Rustler,Jato,Slash 2wd,Slash 4wd.

Read the instructions of the Tekno. It says there has been some fitment issues with other engines, I've found that it does contact the head in my Revo. But the fix, according to them, is to bend the rear bar. I did and have had no ill effects.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Double G, that was my first immediate thought. I have no problem modifying everything, just didn't want to prematurely fatigue the bar by bending it, since a sway should be made of a spring steel of sorts, so that it can flex and return to its original position. But, that is what I think I will do.

I sent an email to Tekno, was hoping to get a reply soon. I race this truck, so I want it to work right. I'll have to post some pictures for future searchers like me, as most people seem to claim they have no fitment issues.

RC Competitor
    Bending it made it clear enough to not hang up on the cooling fins, but it rubs now. No reply from tekno either. I also bought their 12mm adapters and the pins were all wrong. Not liking their stuff right now.