RC Champion

Thumbs up Solutions to my front/ minimising wheelies

Well I got fed up of not able to reach full throttle on 2s 45C battery and took every ones advise. Putting weights to the front.
    I did not want to put them at the bumpers at the front, want to avoid too much slop also on the shocks, so here is where I installed the weights

Then covered it with foams from the traxxas parts (turnbuckles packages)

To avoid all vibrations the foams were inserted but I include a customised cover over the weights and at the same time as battery strap..

Hopefully this will definitely get me to the speed mark I have wanted and avoid wheelies without loosening too much the clutch.
    The weights will be eventually replaced by a small weight bar. Will test these ones for now.
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-17-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Live life to the fullest

Interesting solution and nice fabrication. Its always cool to see people make there own parts.

I am a little confused, most of the fun of the Pede is instant wheelies, why would you limit this?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Many have swung on both sides of that fence. I am with jezza. I want a better handling powerful truck that does wheelies, not a powerful wheelie truck that cannot steer on power at all. I like this idea. If there was a way to get that weight lower... Maybe a flat plate 2 inches lower on the front skid plate?

My solution has always been to extend the chassis to move the cog forward:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sion-PICS-redo.

...But not everyone wants a bigger truck.
    Last edited by rag6; 06-18-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Interesting solution and nice fabrication. Its always cool to see people make there own parts.

I am a little confused, most of the fun of the Pede is instant wheelies, why would you limit this?
    Thanks
    Its nice to have the wheelies but I preffer having a controll of it steering wise even at a very high speed. The problem is that I had slowly pulled the trigger to gain speed, how ever, half way through, trying to fully power it; it still pulls up a wheelie, way out of my intention. I am trying to get a decent speed run, but not loosing too much road, and also the clutch setting.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    I like this idea. If there was a way to get that weight lower... Maybe a flat plate 2 inches lower on the front skid plate?

My solution has always been to extend the chassis to move the cog forward:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sion-PICS-redo.

...But not everyone wants a bigger truck.
    Thanks rag6, I actually lke the idea of an extended pede. This time I am experementing with the centre of gravity, trying to balance the weight ditribution. Since the rear seems heavier then the rest of the truck, I thought that having it balanced somehere there, would help on the wheelies. Where it can be more or less controlled.
    The Onyx 4550 combo is actually very nice, so far temp wise I am getting an average of 117F on 18/58 32 pitch gearing. Highest 132F on tall grass.
    The idea of lower is indeed better, maybe I may put a small extension on the front skid as you had mentioned...mmm
    By the way my xtended pede verison will be here soon. I got a confirmation from the dealer and the FLM parts are apparently being shipped to him and there after to me.
    This will be powered by a 3800 MMP SCT, which I pateintly waited for 5-6 weeks. (arrived too)
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-18-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    Yeah....its awesome, I got the speed and runs I wanted .
    The wheelies are more controllable, and its more fun to be able to drive without having the front in the air all the time.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Champion
    small video of test run after modifications, definitely liking it better
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    That's awesome Jezza. Can you link the motor and ESC that you went with? I'm still trying to decide on the Velineon system or a hand picked one. The only problem with that, is that I am just starting to catch on to the whole brushless/LiPo thing. Waterproofing is a big plus in my book too. (can't wait for the Iowa winter this year. I'm thinking rear paddle tires and front skis! lol).

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey77 View Post
    That's awesome Jezza. Can you link the motor and ESC that you went with? I'm still trying to decide on the Velineon system or a hand picked one. The only problem with that, is that I am just starting to catch on to the whole brushless/LiPo thing. Waterproofing is a big plus in my book too. (can't wait for the Iowa winter this year. I'm thinking rear paddle tires and front skis! lol).
    If you are getting a brushless, consider the SV3 Castle combo (I waited for a while but it was too long, so purchased the Duratrax 31744 4450kv combo (ESC and 4 pole motor), excellent buy...I am stoked with its performance, there is not a lot of reveiw but I think it comes upo standard of the other great makes (castle, traxxas etc)
    If you have the power up option then go for the VXL, but it is 2 pole...motor vever the less.
    I have 2.8 mashers but not installed yet and also a F150proline body, getting used to the system and once acustomed then use them.
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-20-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Jezza. I'm looking real hard at the SV3 4600 combo. (plus the green motor will go with my setup! Mwahahaha).