RC Qualifier

Updating an old 3906 - questions

I have a EMaxx 3906 pre 2000 edition. It has sentimental value and I would like to update the electronics. Is it as easy as buying a current Tqi transmitter and receiver, with a EVS2 ESC. I looked at dollar hobbies and it would appear that is what is in the new EMaxx Brushed edition. I plan on keeping the Titan 550 motors and running on 6500mah SPC lipos. Here are the links at what I was looking at. http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...Channel/Detail
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...h-2-ESC/Detail

This may not work because the 3906 has a two speed tranny. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Last edited by BRICK57; 07-15-2013 at 10:27 AM.

RC Qualifier
    It will work. Just make sure you get the tqi with the 3rd channel and the evx2 with lvd

RC Qualifier
    Update - I called Traxxas to see what they recommend and through their "Power Up" program they are sending me a 4 channel TQI transmitter, 5 channel receiver, Evx2 ESC, new water proof steering servo and the hi low servo. All for $160.00 total including shipping. All I have to do is send them the old parts in and they send the new parts out. Nice program they have, first time I have had to use the customer service, they were very knowledgeable and took care of my problem. Go Traxxas.

And the 4-ch radio can be used for a Summit too. Bonus!
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Well I removed all the electronics, and servos, sent them to Traxxas for Power up program. Been reading this forum and would like some advice from you Emaxxer's. The 3906 is as much sentimental as anything so I would like to upgrade and yet keep it somewhat stock. Need to upgrade the motors and I have had great luck with the Kershaw conversion 14.4 on my larger Summits. Do you really need two 14.4 Dewalts? Does it add that much to the performance? Kershaw has a one 14.4 dewalt motor conversion, wondering if anyone has tried it. I looked at brushless but I dont want to tear it up. Plus I don't need to go so fast. I run the Spc 6500mah 2s, 50c, hard case lipos in it. Thanks for any input.

RC Racer
    Perhaps your titan 775 from the summit could be used and can be setup up with the evx as you know should get more tork and better run times. Perhaps you could consider using the traxxas velinion used in the stampede truck and he truck is still waterproof.

RC Champion
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    I run one 14.4V dewalt motor. It has a different part number than the standard motors available online, now I currently have it geared 30/64. I may change to 32/54, or try a completely new brushed set up.
    I too tried to keep as much as possible stock, or what looks like stock. Only upgrading the parts that needed, ie. A arms, bulk heads shafts from diffs to wheels, idlers and skid plates. and servo saver.
    Here's an older vid of the one motor 28/64 I think or 28/68
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.