RC Champion

Glued Tires Ballooning?How to take it a part and refix?

So i have a slight problem.
    Once the tires are glued, is there a anything that can remove the glue so that I can re build it up.
    I would like to tape the inside to minimize the ballooning effect. (these are the old tires that came glued on)
    Or can just plugging the small hole on the wheel rims enough.
    Also I have not installed the mashers yet as trying to get the hang of the brushless power (Do they balloon a lot too), before changing to the new wheels.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    To unglue them you can do one of two ways. Baking them or by using some act-tone stuff (unsure of the name)
    YouTube has lots of vids of the baking method.

Also I cut a slit in my tire then took the foam out in all 4 tires, doesn't ballon. I haven't noticed any thing bad bad about not running foams in stock tires.
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Bob Smith Industries makes an un-cure ca remover http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...A-Debonder-1oz

I have a bottle of this and it works good
    I have only come here seeking knowledge

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ithrowstones View Post

Also I cut a slit in my tire then took the foam out in all 4 tires, doesn't ballon. I haven't noticed any thing bad bad about not running foams in stock tires.
    Carnage on a Thursday evening. I blew my first tire (rear right), so I think I will do what you have done, run them without the foams. I wonder if I can do this with only the rear since the front does not really matter as much or best to do for all four wheels.
    Last edited by Jezza; 06-21-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Live life to the fullest