RC poster

Slipper clutch issues

I'm having some issues with the slipper clutch on my 1/16 summit. I drove it for 2 hours on-road with talon(merv) tires (so i didn't ruin the awesome canyon tires), and then went home and recharged everything. next day, put the canyons back on, take the summit out for a drive smoke the slipper clutch in five minutes flat. running stock gearing and tires, my slipper literally gave me a white puff of smoke and a big stink. was it because it was loosened accidentally by something getting in the nut(which kills it), or because the stock one is junk? if so, how do i fix it? is there any way to get a "slipper eliminator"? an eliminator sounds like a good idea, because I always crank the slipper down all the way anyway. Thanks for any help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have never had any issue with my slipper... but the white puff confuses me because I don't think there is anything to puff white with the slipper clutch.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I have never had any issue with my slipper... but the white puff confuses me because I don't think there is anything to puff white with the slipper clutch.
    the white puff was caused by the finish on the metal disc part burning off. At least, that's what i think it was because its completely smooth.

Can you post a picture?

RC poster
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    went ahead and ordered a new slipper clutch on ebay.

That looks glazed... a sign of a loose slipper.

BTW: It is supposed to be smooth.

RC poster
    yes , smooth, but with a finish on it. this is shiny with circular striations b/c the finish is gone.

RC poster
    there aren't any upgrade slipper clutches or eliminators that i can find, so unfortunately it looks like i'll be shelling out $3.50 every few months to replace it. at least new slippers are relativately cheap on ebay! i'm going to crank it right down, add a dab of super glue to the bolt to make sure it stays there, and hope it lasts. other people aren't having problems (if they were, aftermarket upgrades would be available), so hopefully the bolt came loose and that was what ruined it, meaning super gluing the bolt will hold it down. we'll see...
    youtube - mrawesome234100