Thread: lights

Hybrid View

RC Racer

lights

i would like to put lights on my 1 16 summit i would like to know ether how you made your lights(where you got them and how you wired them) or where you bought them pre made (wired)

i was thinking of getting this kit.i know that integy isn't the greatest part company but how bad could their lights be?

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...8#.Ub2tzuDFU01
    Last edited by cjroy1998; 06-16-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Racer
    I'm using the Axial LED Controller w/Lights which I bought for $40 last year from my lhs. I paid too much. The integy one would be fine. A lot cheaper than the Axial ones.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have built my own... most of them only cost me a few dollars with enough materials to build many.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    went to the shack yesterday and bought the supplies to make lights for it it only cost me $20. thankfully my dad is good at wiring.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cjroy1998 View Post
    went to the shack yesterday and bought the supplies to make lights for it it only cost me $20. thankfully my dad is good at wiring.
    A fun build.... two ways to do it i preffer a series set up,, less wire. Build and test with a nimh battery for saftey reasons

RC Racer
    im part way through i WAS going ot run two white in the middle of the front bumper and 2 yellow on the sides of the front bumper and the power source is going to be 2AA batteries with a switch to turn them on but the shack sold me the wrong yellow ones so the second the batteries touched the terminals they burnt out so it looks like im going back to the shack for two more white ones. in the rear im running 2 red lights powered by one AA battery with a switch to turn them on and off also. as of right now im half way through the front.

I wired all of mine to be powered through the receiver... most of them are ~2v LED's wired in sets of 3 in series unless I have a resistor in the mix. Some are ~3v... those are wired in pairs.

RC Racer
    the front works great the way planed i wired up the back the same way as the front and they worked for a minute started to flicker and now nothing. could this be the switch or the led's them self?

Eliminate the switch to test.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Eliminate the switch to test.
    i have already done that

RC Competitor
    The best option I found was the 1/10 scale summit lightbar leds for headlights and and the limited edition grave digger red head lights for tail lights. I've put those leds through some serious torture and they are still working.

RC Competitor
    How I did my lights is I took some bulbs out of these waterproof lights I found at Michael's, I think they're called Wedding Lights. Got some old wire from my shop and hot glued it to the leads, then found one of those things that hooks to the 9V battery and hung a nine volter on the front body posts. The nice thing about a separate battery is the lights don't dim when you accelerate.

I don't need no stinkin' brake lights.
    1/16 Blue Summit
    "It's life, not drama." -Me

RC Racer
    Oh my oh my