RC Champion

New XO-1 - 14s/MGM/Lehner

The depreciating purchase price has made an XO-1 experiment more achievable. Having the esc & motor at hand makes it approachable

Will purchase & modify a motor mount, custom gears, custom BSR wheel/tyre & a few other bits & pieces. l expect it to be tight getting it all squished into the chassis but it should fit & will only be used for speed runs so durability isn't the main requirement

In keeping with other projects, the cone of silence has been deployed & early results will be announced within a couple of weeks

Any speculation about speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by PBO View Post
    Any speculation about speeds?
    I've heard that at 88 mph you see some pretty serious stuff. That's my guess.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I say 200mph speed,spec
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Champion
    I'll call max speed in the 160's.

RC Qualifier
    I see multiple wrecks before 135 so make sure you secure the expensive parts. Wrecks suck.
    XO-1 #4...

RC Champion
    With the amount of power the motor/esc combo can produce I expect to trash the driveline before any amazing speeds are achieved & hopefully the all up weight will help keep it on the ground so I can avoid expensive crashes...the esc is like a small apartment block so it will need some roll/blow over protection

RC Champion
    I would be more concerned about wrecks. You won't be able to get hard into the throttle without it becoming uncontrollable. They key to running these cars fast is throttle finesse. You may want to consider some type of roll protection like Anthony uses.

RC Champion
    I'll be disappointed if it's harder to bring the XO-1 up to speed than an over powered 1/10 TC or 2WD that I've had in similar circumstances but I take the comment on board

I'm hoping foams will make a difference to traction & handling, I have experience with foams & see them being an advantage over stock...or at least that's my early theory

RC Champion
    I've been gathering various slipper clutches and am currently waiting on another. I feel a slipper may be the way to go to help control wheel spin. My theory is a little slip will allow the tires to stay gripped to the road when getting a little more aggressive with the throttle. I hope to do some testing soon with three different slippers and report my findings. I'll post up how to modify them to fit as well. So far, everything looks promising but that may change when I get into heavy testing.

RC Champion
    I don't know if you are qualified to run these test. Are you a registered Engineer, work at Lockheed Martin or run a pro racing team? GL2U subscribed!
    Last edited by BL-Bob; 06-18-2013 at 03:28 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    I don't know if you are qualified to run these test. Are you a registered Engineer, work at Lockheed Martin or run a pro racing team? GL2U subscribed!
    Maybe I'm ignorant, but I just don't understand your post.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Maybe I'm ignorant, but I just don't understand your post.
    Me either...

RC Champion
    He was making a funny I do believe. I got it

RC Champion
    I was hoping someone got it. This thread should get interesting. Keep us posted.

RC Champion
    Any updates on this?