RC Champion

need some advice on a game plane

hey guy's.i have been adding up the replacement parts needed and estimating the total price to get my summit back up and running. and its defenently comeing to a peak.of just about $650+ to replace alot of worn out things and get the sorta good gear on the truck.

but the problem so far is where to start....so far im just going for the little things of about 15 buck and down for the most part. until i have the coin to get the more expensive stuff .but dont have a clue of what area to focus on .an i know devided and conquer just dosent work for me. so i came up on areas to start with main chassis(new chassis,battery doors,center skid,stainless screws),trannny(top shaft.....i bent it some how),front(new bulk head,caster shims,tie plates)rear(tie plate,rear arms.....warped,pillow ball dust boots,)diffs(oil, seals).....wheels,new summit shell+cage,,,,,servo, 4 batterys,,,,psu,,,,power lab 6 charger+mpa board

yada yada to much to remember off the top of my head.but where would you start?

thank you guys
    Last edited by reod12x2; 06-14-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Racer
    Might as well just order a new one!

But i would start with the stuff you KNOW you need. Then get the stuff you know you need but you will live without.

RC Champion
    i have thought about that lol but the servo's and the battery's

true...i could just get a servo and batterys and go from there.......but on the other side it needs it after three or so years of use

thank you

RC Champion
    Look for a good used one. I just missed one that sold for 250. Looked like everything was switched out for alum not that I wanted alum parts but motor and speed control were upgraded and a few other things.

That is prob the best bet, find a roller all those little parts add up quick if you have to pay shipping or retail.
    Then you have yours for spares and replace parts as you can

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Agreed, get a roller or a used unit. Way cheaper and you get a ton of spare parts. For that money you can even buy a new one!
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Champion
    hey guys went over the parts needed again .....and i misslead you guys.for total parts cost its looking to be around 250 or so. to go throught everything.....i wish i had the time right now to show all the parts i need. to be more percise

then where i got the 650 was from adding the in cost of a hitec 7980th servo,power lab6+mpa board,and roughtly 2-4 spc 2s lipos and 1-2 bench mark psu's to remake the summit into it's glory again

thanks guys sorry for the mess up

Hey, you should check out this website, you can get Traxxas Parts REALLY cheap here!
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...mit/Categories
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    holly what a saver for certian things thank you wolfslash16

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Hey, you should check out this website, you can get Traxxas Parts REALLY cheap here!
    http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...mit/Categories
    I've used them before. I was happy with the results. I will probably use them again.
    Working hard to appear reasonably sane.

RC Champion
    holly. okay total saveings so far unbileviable

RC Qualifier
    Not as crazy savings as you`d think at first. Shipping is there they make their cake. But STILL good deals, I use them frequently or JRC on Ebay. Most things end up 25% cheaper for me after mafia shipping charges and import fees (Canada)
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Champion
    ya i now know what you mean NA.with all the items that i would need. it ends up comeing to 40 bucks shiped to canada....but even with the "mafia" shipping i would be saveing 60-70 bucks compaired if i were to get the specsific items at the lhs.....but now that you mention inport fee's.....how much would that be?(in canada to)

with the order it would almost cut my need items in half!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    You`ll probably be looking at $30-$45. Think 13% of the total cost of the order, plus $20.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Champion
    awhhhhh 13% sale tax for importing it all then 20 bucks on getting it imported hmmmmmm mafia?

so about an extra 27 bucks on import fee's and taxes for about 55 bucks worth of summit parts
    that would take me down to 40-45 on saveings hmmmmm

awhhhhh 13% sale tax for importing it all then 20 bucks on getting it imported hmmmmmm mafia?

so about an extra 27 bucks on import fee's and taxes for about 55 bucks worth of summit parts
    that would take me down to 40-45 on saveings hmmmmm
    Looking at where you are, maybe you could have it shipped over to the egde of Detroit? That would save you some good money.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    okay guys an update as of right now

trying to order the summit parts off of dollar hobbyz but the shipping dosent go throught at check out resualting in a error..
    other then that the shock parts for the rebuild will be in in a couple weeks at the lhs then all i got to do is get seals , diff fluid and shims for front and rear diffirentials and that will be all to make my summit limp around. until i get a servo and battery's

so this limping thing
    basically im going to be driving on one stock servo and a single spc 2s 6000mah lipo...should be slow lol

RC Champion
    oh fyi i had ordered from dollerhobbyz and no inport taxes for me.

need help on a servo saver setup
    hey guys close to getting the hitec 7980th single servo<(despite recomendations) and have ordered in the strc single servo saver arm (stp6037r).....next part that im going to be getting is the strc aluminum servo saver.......but as of now i dont know what to do next....to acomidaite the extra torque.

i figured on getting the aluminum versions of part 5343x.(strc #ST5344AB)and (gpm #sum050).one is what the servo saver mounts to and the servo saver stop.just wondering if these parts are necesary to upgrade to handle more torque?

thank you

RC Qualifier
    I have used dollarhobbzy and JRC, both provide decent prices!