RC poster

Snapped my first Bulkhead. On the ground, at half throttle. . .

To be fair, I did catch a chain link fence with the right rear wheel. It ripped the hinge pin right through the side of the bulkhead. I really didn't expect it to happen so easily though. I was driving back from a fast run across the outfield of a diamond here and my depth perception apparently isn't what I thought it was.

Quick question, as I've already torn down the unit: Will a good CA glue hold for a bit, while I order new parts? I'm not a jumper with my vehicles, unless it's on a track. I like uneven terrain, to watch the suspension work. I cleaned and glued the bulkhead last night and have allowed it to sit. I'll reassemble tonight and see how it goes. I just wanted an opinion from someone who's done the same. Gluing and whatnot.

I've looked all around here for a bulkhead alternative. It seems most folks aren't a fan of the "I" brand Aluminum stuff due to their machining leaving something to be desired and their materials not being the most durable.

Also, I just got the ERBE and it's a fantastic machine. This will be the third go for the packs, so far (6S). I immediately installed the wider steering stop, front and rear sway bars. The unit handles really well for a heavy, high speed projectile. I'm looking forward to patching it up and hitting the park tonight.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Plastic bulk is cheap to replace, it is really not worth it putting glue on it because it won't work.

RC poster
    Just breaks again eh? Dang. Well, I'm going to see how long it lasts, I've already got another set of bulkheads on the way. I just can't stand the thought of not being able to drive my toy.

I landed in top of the chain link fence..........lol Did the same thing pulled the hinge pin thru the bulk, & broke the chassis in the rear just a bit.....still driving it.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Right on. I'll not be deterred and I have great faith in CA glue! I'll be on the road tonight. I just got some Big Joes too. We'll see if I can shear a drive shaft!

That's the SPIRT..........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    It's really an amazing vehicle. I watched hours of video on line before I purchased it. Read article after article and not one bit of that prepared me for what I experienced when I first drove it. Took it out in the neighborhood and immediately realized that it would need much more room to stretch its legs.

RC poster
    The CA glue is holding incredibly well! Dumped another set of packs through the unit. Smacked into a pole and tucked the bumper down behind the skid plate. Still good to go. I've found that the read diff has some play in the bulkhead though, even before I snapped it in two. Great machine though.