RC Qualifier

Unexpected bonus! What to upgrade/buy?

Just got a fat unxpected bonus at work. Now wondering what to upgrade or maybe by another vehicle. I'm driving a p4de now with simple upgrades. Wondering should I upgrade my motor possibly, or the servo? If I upgrade motor, I dont want to really have to mod the chassis. I see with the castle 2650kv, you really got to grind away to get that beast in there. I want to be able to put the stock back in. What about the castle 2200kv? Its 10mm ish shorter. Do you have to grind away the chassis with the 2200kv?. I am currently pretty happy with the stock motor and esc set up. Plenty of power for where I usually bash. Whats a good servo? Will it make that much of a difference? I dont race. Maybe should I get another truck. I would like a crawler. Then I would have different vehicle for different terrain. Too bad traxxas doesnt make a crawler. Anyone drive a good crawler? The downside is with another vehicle I would want to do a bunch of hop ups to that too. Maybe a little advice from some fellow bashers can steer me in the right direction and help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 06-12-2013 at 03:52 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds to me like you are happy with what you've got in the Stampede department - which means buying another truck seems the 'sensible' thing to do. No point in upgrading it just because you've got the cash - you've got to want extra performance to warrant parting with those $$$'s

RC Qualifier
    You do have to grind away that much off the chassis with a 220kv/2650kv motor on the chassis but to be honest it won't even affect your chassis in any way. I am running the 2200kv motor for CC and it needed to be shaved down just a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYt1AKQVf2E
    Last edited by jtalaue; 06-12-2013 at 04:26 PM.

I think you should get a Summit or **** out the pede with castle 2200kv and make a Monster.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I think you should get a Summit or **** out the pede with castle 2200kv and make a Monster.....peace
    ... that is much more fun than what i said!!!! ha ha ha

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by cossack4 View Post
    Sounds to me like you are happy with what you've got in the Stampede department - which means buying another truck seems the 'sensible' thing to do. No point in upgrading it just because you've got the cash
    Well said. I agree.

RC Qualifier
    I have looked at the summit and out of my price range. I thought about it before I bought the p4de. Lots of cool features, but I want a true crawler with live front and rear axles. Any thoughts on any good crawlers?

RC Qualifier
    Scx10 is the best crawler. Don't need hop ups but its hard not to buy them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Scx10 is the best crawler. Don't need hop ups but its hard not to buy them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    thats exactly what I was looking at. Wrangler or Honcho?

RC Qualifier
    They are the same. So which ever one you like better.

RC Qualifier
    After much debating, I just decided to do some more upgrades preparing for a motor swap at some point in time. My better half put the kibosh on the whole second vehicle idea.(for now) Anyone who is married knows what I mean. lol. Ordered my parts yesterday, and patiently waiting on the arrival....

oh and I found a local track about 15 minutes from the house. Just an oval dirt track with banked turns. No jumps, but still will have to check it out very soon.
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 06-17-2013 at 09:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    After much debating, I just decided to do some more upgrades preparing for a motor swap at some point in time. My better half put the kibosh on the whole second vehicle idea.(for now) Anyone who is married knows what I mean. lol. Ordered my parts yesterday, and patiently waiting on the arrival....

oh and I found a local track about 15 minutes from the house. Just an oval dirt track with banked turns. No jumps, but still will have to check it out very soon.

I feel ya man!

My wife is the same guys I want another rc and she's not interested but she wants a new smartphone so I hope I can strike a deal with her fingers crossed......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!