RC Qualifier

Never order from stormerhobbies...

Well i ordered about 150$ worth of parts including a new sleeve & piston so i cant drive my car till they get here. I chose 2nd day shipping, and its been 5 days and still no arrival... Pretty steamed wasted 30$ on expensive shipping and didn't even get it when i wanted it.

RC Racer
    When did you order?

RC Qualifier
    Don't blame the hobby store... it's the shipping companies. And remember they have to process the payment find the product package it send it to get shipped this could take a few days. Also I'd you are out of the state's it will take longer depends how far away from.them you are

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler13 View Post
    Don't blame the hobby store... it's the shipping companies. And remember they have to process the payment find the product package it send it to get shipped this could take a few days. Also I'd you are out of the state's it will take longer depends how far away from.them you are

It's not all ways postal services fault.

A few times I've payed extra for 2 day shipping, only
    To see that the store took 2-3 days to take it too the post office..

RC Racer
    UPS will get it there as soon as they recieve it and they will get in there when they say. USPS on the other hand.....

RC Qualifier
    I'd say for 30 dollars I would get 10 day shipping .. so it's not that bad honestly

summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have ordered lots from them... never had any issues.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    I go with standard shipping timesand get it in 3 to 5 days. I've had good service from rcplanet.com

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD
    USAF, Retired
    ERBE, Dewalt EMaxx, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    USPS priority mail all the way! Its affordable, gets delivered in 2 to 3 days any where in the US including Saturdays.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Champion
    Just contact the hobby shop and explane that u paid for faster shipping and it has not arrived. Usually they will refund your money.

RC Qualifier
    I checked on the website to see when they got everything packaged and out the door, they took 3 days just to do that... So i will hopefully be getting my package tomorrow
    2400kv rusty ~ 4100kv merv
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

RC Champion
    I would still ask for your shipping money back. U expect a product by a certain time should not take 3 days to get out the door. I had the same issue with a shop for the first few orders. They must have flagged my account because the kept having to refund shipping charges as now I get them on time

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Tower Hobbies is the worst at getting my stuff out the door... 3-4 days minimum for anything just to be shipped.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    depends what they had to do to get your stuff maybe it was on a delivery truck to them and they had to unload scan in stock etc... never know it happens just email them and I am sure they refund it never had issue with them, and I just ordered my bandit from tower on friday got it tuesday standard shipping but I am one state away from the facility it shipped out of
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Everything i ordered was in stock
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

RC Qualifier
    then I would just email them or call them I am sure they will gladly refund it Addictx I dont know any company that wouldn't
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Regarding Jimmie Neutron's Tower Hobbies Comment:

Yea, thats one of the things i dont like about Tower, it seems like they take a while to get things out the door. Ive been using A-Main. Their pretty quick to get product shipped out, pluse they offer USPS Priority mail. I usually get my stuff in about 3 days from West coast to East coast.
    Last edited by felixx4; 06-13-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    4WD MonsterMutt WPSC8:4Pole 3400kV | GOT DIRT?

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    They have always been pretty quick getting orders to me. Usually 3-4 days to get to PA. About the same for Tower for me. A-Main is a little faster, but no one beats RPP Hobby. Even with standard shipping, I get stuff in two days sometimes. They have their stuff picked, packed and shipped in like three hours. The coolest part is that if you put what you want drawn on the package in the comments section, the shipping guy will sometime draw it for you on the package. He's an RCCrawler.com legend!! This is what he drew for me last time. (I asked for Yoda driving a Wraith)

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ SCX-10 ~ Wraith ~Custom 6WD Crawler~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    6th day and still no arrival.... (ups comes pretty early around here)
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

Quote Originally Posted by xNitroAddictx View Post
    Well i ordered about 150$ worth of parts including a new sleeve & piston so i cant drive my car till they get here. I chose 2nd day shipping, and its been 5 days and still no arrival... Pretty steamed wasted 30$ on expensive shipping and didn't even get it when i wanted it.
    First they have to process the payment, then they have to populate the order and get it packed. However they may have more than 1 warehouse, or even have to drop ship directly from the mfr. Happens all the time.. So just because you paid more for a faster shipping method it does not mean the order is populated the very same day it is ordered. Especially if it was ordered at night or on a weekend. Order something on a Friday evening, it may not get pulled until Monday....

Have you tried calling them? Dial 1-800-255-7223 toll free to place an order in the continental U.S.
    Dial 1-406-228-4375 to place orders if you live outside the U.S.

OH and here's what they say about deliveries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoermerhobbies.com
    When we ship 1-Day or 2-Day air, we ship Monday through Friday; not on Saturday or Sunday. Also, your packages will be delivered to you Monday through Friday, not Saturday or Sunday.

So, for instance, if you order by 2-day air on Thursday early enough so that we can actually ship it out on Thursday, you should expect it to arrive on Monday; the two business days your package is in transit are Friday, and Monday.
    I don;t purchase from them but that's how most places work... Getting a shipper to do a Saturday pickup is expensive... Sunday is even more...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I have ordered lots from them... never had any issues.
    +1 Same here...

Tower Hobbies is the worst at getting my stuff out the door... 3-4 days minimum for anything just to be shipped.
    +1 Yeah...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

Really?? That's crazy. I usually get their stuff the quickest. My stuff usually ships from them the next day no matter what shipping option I chose and I get it about 2 to 4 days after. If I order on a Sunday night I'll have it by at least Wednesday or Thursday even shipped through regular USPS. Now when they were doing the goofy shipping method where it was UPS/USPS then it took like a week and a half at best but I don't think they do that anymore.

RC Qualifier
    Finally received my items today!
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

When ever I order from tower hobbies the order is shipped by USPS and is shipped from Reno and ends up in Sacramento CA then goes back to Reno then on to Dayton if I add a bottle of paint or tube of glue then it is shipped by UPS and I get the order the next day. I have even got an order the same day I ordered it.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Racer
    all i can say is make sure not to go with usps they have thrown many of my packages over my fence and damaged them and refused to pay for damages so now every time i order anything i pay extra to have it shipped with ups
    2001 tmaxx, 2012 1/16 erevo vxl

RC Qualifier
    Thrown them over your fence?
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

Quote Originally Posted by nathan8856 View Post
    all i can say is make sure not to go with usps they have thrown many of my packages over my fence and damaged them and refused to pay for damages so now every time i order anything i pay extra to have it shipped with ups
    there could be a reason for that since you have a fence they are not allowed to open it even If they know you because of liability and if you have a dog then it can attack them I know my aunts don't deliver anymore if there is a fence and if there is and if you live in California we have a lot of those aluminum boxes now so if someone had their dog too close to that box in there yard even they have the right to not deliver mail for the whole 12+ people that get mail there one of my aunt's got mauled by 3 pit bulls because of that same issue which she was able to fight them off but now suffers with her legs it was awful let me tell you. I like dogs every kind its the owners that mess them up. I get my mail now at the post office first thing the morning now before mail carriers even start LOL so I'm there at 9 when it's there costs 48 a year to have but worth it.

Stormer hobbies is only good for prices sometimes but their shipping Dept is very slow compared to amainhobbies even RC planet is slow.
    Last edited by mike-susieq1; 06-17-2013 at 06:12 PM.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

I never had a problem with Stormer or Towers. I live in Florida and using just standard shipping I get my package in about 2 days after i place my order with Stormer. They will only ship once payment clears. Which them might actually be a bank issue.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    there could be a reason for that since you have a fence they are not allowed to open it even If they know you because of liability and if you have a dog then it can attack them I know my aunts don't deliver anymore if there is a fence and if there is and if you live in California we have a lot of those aluminum boxes now so if someone had their dog too close to that box in there yard even they have the right to not deliver mail for the whole 12+ people that get mail there one of my aunt's got mauled by 3 pit bulls because of that same issue which she was able to fight them off but now suffers with her legs it was awful let me tell you. I like dogs every kind its the owners that mess them up. I get my mail now at the post office first thing the morning now before mail carriers even start LOL so I'm there at 9 when it's there costs 48 a year to have but worth it.

Stormer hobbies is only good for prices sometimes but their shipping Dept is very slow compared to amainhobbies even RC planet is slow.
    i have no dogs or animals leave the gate wide open and have a package box they still carelessly toss it over my fence and break my stuff almost every time i live in albuquerque new mexico and ups and fed ex are the only ones who use the package box and dont break my stuff.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by xNitroAddictx View Post
    Thrown them over your fence?
    everytime i get a package

RC Qualifier
    I just ordered a ton of stuff from rchobbyexplosions, 4$ shipping and got it in 2 days! I love them

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Revo .26 X2
    Jato .21

RC Champion
    My Traxxas Slash Ultimate was ordered from Tower Hobbies on 6/12...late at night... and when I got home from work on 6/14...it was already here.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    I wish I live in the US, it take for you guys like maximum 5 days of shipping I live in Central America, Panama,Panama and it takes like 15 days :'( sometimes moree

RC Champion
    I've ordered from alot of places over the many years I've been into this hobby.. Tower is no better or worse than most of the others and speedy shipping really depends where you live. most tower orders for me come from Illinois and i get them in 3-5 days standard shipping. before 12pm, order is sent to warehouse, picked and packed and shipped either the same day or occasionally the next day. Then its up to the carrier.. USPS,UPS or Fedex.. Tower is very big and their system doesn't permit changes in how shipping is done. Smaller stores can ship faster mostly because less is going on and alot of times the person who receives the order picks and ships it as well.. And not surprising is that person may be the owner as well.

If you are in a huge hurry and you have one close to you... try your local hobby store.. I have a few within 30 minutes from my house and his prices are the same as tower and most of the other online shops.. They are usually willing to match internet prices as well when they can.. And as a bonus, it keeps them in business and your parts availability quicker.
    Last edited by cenracer1; 06-24-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    First off. Sorry to hear about the snafu in the begining and Congrats on finally getting your order.

I have ordered from many different places. Mainly Tower, Amain, HopMeUp, & eBay. While I find Amain & HopMeUp being the quickest by a few days. Like cenracer said a lot has to do with the size of the company and the amount of orders that have been placed. Tower has probably been the slowest of all, but when you do got a package from them they do a fantastic job of packing it. Plus if you have any problems they will correct it quickly. So have the others i've dealt with.

I order a ton of parts online, mainly because all the HS are not so local to me. I'm not going to spend $30 in fuel to pick up a handful of parts. When I order i'm not expecting them to be there the next day. I expect a week and if its there earlier LUCKY ME. haha

BTW, I do have a bad habbit of tracking my orders until destination DELIVERY. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Basically, you're flaming Stormer Hobbies for something that they have absolutely no hand-in or control of? You paid for a faster shipping method and are either blaming Stormer's processing time or possibly the shipping company's slow service on Stormer Hobbies?

I know it's not necessarily a good feeling to pay all that extra for faster shipping, but that's what it is. Shipping method does not include processing time, so why are you flaming Stormer? Unless a van shows up to your house with their name on it, they have no part in shipping times. They took 3 days to get your order out, but that's not really too uncommon. A little on the slow side, but not the worst by far.

The last time I ordered anything from Stormer was long before the internet existed. I also paid by C.O.D. A good majority of this forum probably doesn't even know what that is. Just goes to show you how long Bob Stormer has been in the game. That says something about his company right there. I just don't think it's really fair to have a thread titled like this when your gripe is about shipping costs/time. Perhaps you should change it to "Never ship with UPS or USPS".

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    I also paid by C.O.D. A good majority of this forum probably doesn't even know what that is.
    Now that's funny, nobody does C.O.D. anymore(not to be confused with CallOfDuty the video game).
    I never pay for the not always "Expedited" shipping, even if the seller/shop get's it out same day the shipper never get's it to me when promised so I see no point in wasting any extra money on it.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!