Thread: Newb here.

RC poster

Newb here.

Can someone please tell me a easy way to put the ball connector into the rod end ?

RC Champion
    Push real hard. It will pop in.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    Push real hard. It will pop in.
    Thanks for the reply Powerman but they just wont give . There has to be a trick or too out there . This is my first time and i know someone has it .

RC Champion
    try a little wd40 for some lube. But there realy is no trick. Just Push. They are very hard. I usually set them on a box end wrench and just push hard. Try taking a hammer and give it a whack.

RC poster
    Set the ball on edge of a bench and push shock end down onto it with a nut driver, that fits over it. That's easiest way I've found. Good luck!

RC Competitor
    the easiest way is to use a pair of pliers to force the ball end into the plastic.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_only3 View Post
    Set the ball on edge of a bench and push shock end down onto it with a nut driver, that fits over it. That's easiest way I've found. Good luck!
    Thanks for info but Nitro nailed it . 5mm nut driver and a quick palm slap Bam its in ! Why dont they come assembled ?

RC poster
    Glad it helped. They are easier to manufacture package and ship separate. And usually you break the ends before the pivot balls.