Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snav View Post
    Does the brace work together with traxxas swaybars and dusty motors shroud?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yes.

[IMG][/IMG]

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Qualifier
    Got home and got it installed.

Ran it for less then a min and broke my front shock tower, right front shock, and bent an RPM arm to a point where it would not come back, and killed the steering rack!

Hit a big rock at full chat with the right front tire.

Have to order some new parts now.

Plus side, the chassis and front bulk head show no signs of any damaged.

Down side, my car has been waiting on a back ordered front shock tower for over a week now!

RC Champion
    Send me your address I'll send you a lightly used one for free.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Is the one bolted to the chassis any better than the one bolted to the shock towers? Logistically, it looks like going with a higher bar would make it easier to access the gear cover. Is this accurate?

RC Enthusiast
    I always thought that using the FR/RR upper diff case bolts was the way to go - they are 4mm and closest the point of most load in an impact.

That being said, I think that the "home depot" brace with aluminum towers that we have used is the closest thing - I will definitely consider running both as an option since I have seen some impact stress from mine (want to upgrade my bolts to 4mm as well).

I think it would be possible to drill and tap a couple holes in the VG brace up front to mount the LCG RX box - if they added a couple welded nuts or a tiny plate that would be good too - I also thought of a few ways to attach to the brace already - like a couple zip ties, or miniature u-bolts)

The other issue is the access to the gear cover - really who needs that much? And with my RR slipper, I don't even run a cover - can you say "rock crusher"…

One last thought (I know - lots of them) if they made a brace that went outwards, along the outer edge of the chassis, this might take out more twisting flex, and allow less interference with RX box and gear cover - it would add more weight and possibly be less strong though.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by angus m View Post
    I always thought that using the FR/RR upper diff case bolts was the way to go - they are 4mm and closest the point of most load in an impact.

That being said, I think that the "home depot" brace with aluminum towers that we have used is the closest thing - I will definitely consider running both as an option since I have seen some impact stress from mine (want to upgrade my bolts to 4mm as well).

I think it would be possible to drill and tap a couple holes in the VG brace up front to mount the LCG RX box - if they added a couple welded nuts or a tiny plate that would be good too - I also thought of a few ways to attach to the brace already - like a couple zip ties, or miniature u-bolts)

The other issue is the access to the gear cover - really who needs that much? And with my RR slipper, I don't even run a cover

this might take out more twisting flex
    Who does run the gear cover? And the twisting flex is also already near elimination compared to stock so I don't see a problem there.
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.