Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

VG Racing chassis brace

well here is another chassis brace to add to the party it's by vg racing and is only $25 compared to the axis brace

http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant...Brace_Slash4x4

RC Qualifier
    Some of us have already gotten this brace. It is a TRUE chassis brace, as it bolts to the bulkheads through the chassis, where the Axis is not. It only attaches to the shock towers and is sold as a body brace.

I built my own brace, but it only attached with 2 screws, where the VG brace attaches with 4! If you haven't ordered one, you should!!!
    AB

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

Looks good staab. But I wonder if these are really necessary... not that most of my upgrades are, but just curious about it. Does it prevent chassis cracks/breaks?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    I'll say it does! Before I installed the one I built, I noticed a lot of wear on the front of the driveshaft at the front of the chassis, just from normal running/jumping, etc. I've also seen on this forum, and others where guys have broken their chassis & front bulkheads. After I installed mine, no more wear on the driveshaft, and I also hit a tree squarely with the front at about 25mph....nothing! This brace mounts at 4 points along the center driveshaft. I think it's solid as a rock! I have it on all 3 of my LGC trucks.

AB

RC Qualifier
    hey OG I haven't purchased one of these yet but I plan on it. a friend of mine broke his chassis and front bulkhead the first time he drive his truck ad I'd like to prevent that from happening to me. so for now I will take it easy until I get the brace ordered.

RC Champion
    I went to the site and I didn't see anything as to what it is made of, Aluminum maybe? Looks nice and choice of colors too!

I have the Axis "body" brace.....No fault but my own thinking it was more of a "chassis" brace.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier

Hey what is the significance of that connecter on the esc?
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    that connector is for the telemetry on the new tqi radio. it tells the voltage of the battery and displays it on your iPhone/ipod

RC Qualifier
    I'm going to say it's probably made of steel because I'm pretty sure that's what their cages are made of

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The axis brace works excellent as a chassis brace. It may not be listed as such but, especially when combined with a set of aluminum shock towers, it makes the car ultra ridged, ZERO flex. I do, however, like this brace better as its much lower profile. If you want ultimate strength, do both. Hehe.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    I did notice that with the Axis brace that the shock towers were a lot more rigid and I have not broke another bulk head since.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    Ok so who wants to post me 2 of these to Australia ?????
    We are sick of replacing driveshafts . Has anyone thought of making a steel driveshaft ??? or is that just silly ??
    thanks Rodney

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by borntobnude View Post
    We are sick of replacing driveshafts . Has anyone thought of making a steel driveshaft ??? or is that just silly ??
    thanks Rodney
    Have you contacted VG Racing? Is shipping an issue? www.vgracing.com
    AB

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by borntobnude View Post
    thanks Rodney
    Change out the center drive shaft for the Tekno Big Bone and you will not have any more problems.
    I love mine.

I'm ordering one of these braces in blue for my new LCG slash right now!

Few more parts and it will be done.
    Last edited by Badmunky; 06-25-2013 at 12:30 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    So I ordered one this evening. Hope it shows up quickly.

Really looking forward to getting this installed before the weekend.

Will-

RC Racer
    Looks like it will not work with the receiver mounted on the top part of the chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    Yup think it was ment to work with the stock set up only.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    Looks like it will not work with the receiver mounted on the top part of the chassis.
    You may need to look at the Axis brace in your case. It mounts much higher but very light weight so as not to increase the center of gravity that much.

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast

Got my brace in the mail this afternoon, after doing a little bearing maintenance I got it installed. Hope to get out and run it tomorrow.

Thanks VG Racing.
    Will-
    SEMPER FI!!!!

RC Champion
    Looks awesome, cant wait until I get paid
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    Mine also came in.
    But sadly I am not home for he next 2 weeks. So I will not be able to install it until I get home.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    Mine also came in.
    But sadly I am not home for he next 2 weeks. So I will not be able to install it until I get home.
    Bummer!!! The waiting is always the worst!!!
    Will-
    SEMPER FI!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Found an issue with my new brace last night. Kind of feel stupid for not seeing this after I had installed it, but the supplied screws are all the same length. Which makes the install easy, but the fronts need to be shorter. With the supplied screws installed they interfere with the steering. So much so that I thought there was something wrong with my Rally. Well for the moment I have the traxxas screws installed till I can get out and find the correct length screws to make the install perfect and them pass along my impressions to VG.
    Will-
    SEMPER FI!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Can someone who has this give the weight?
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider304 View Post
    Found an issue with my new brace last night. Kind of feel stupid for not seeing this after I had installed it, but the supplied screws are all the same length. Which makes the install easy, but the fronts need to be shorter. With the supplied screws installed they interfere with the steering. So much so that I thought there was something wrong with my Rally. Well for the moment I have the traxxas screws installed till I can get out and find the correct length screws to make the install perfect and them pass along my impressions to VG.
    Thanks for letting us know.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamZipper View Post
    Is the VG brace worth the money? Will the roll cage work in place of the brace?
    The brace is worth the money.

RC Qualifier
    How much does it weigh?
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Pick 2.

RC Competitor
    Want thinking when I ordered mine. I had my reciever box up front becouse I am running a mmp 2650. So I moved my speed control over by motor and double side tapped my speed control and reciever box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Learo2000GT View Post
    Want thinking when I ordered mine. I had my reciever box up front becouse I am running a mmp 2650. So I moved my speed control over by motor and double side tapped my speed control and reciever box.

As long as it works.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider304 View Post
    Hello guys, I've been off the grid for a couple of weeks. I saw this post & contacted my buddy at VG Racing and informed him of this issue. He is looking into it and will ship shorter screws with future shipments.

When I installed mine, I saw they were close and used a flat washer, which solved the problem.

AB

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    Hello guys, I've been off the grid for a couple of weeks. I saw this post & contacted my buddy at VG Racing and informed him of this issue. He is looking into it and will ship shorter screws with future shipments.

When I installed mine, I saw they were close and used a flat washer, which solved the problem.

AB
    Since they used cap screws washers would not work on my issue because I have the sway bar kit installed. If I put washers under the cap screws it would then have interfered with the sway bar screws.

Thanks for passing this info on to VG. All and all I have been very happy with their product!!!

Will-
    Will-
    SEMPER FI!!!!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The axis brace works excellent as a chassis brace. It may not be listed as such but, especially when combined with a set of aluminum shock towers, it makes the car ultra ridged, ZERO flex. I do, however, like this brace better as its much lower profile. If you want ultimate strength, do both. Hehe.
    haha I did both!!! I first installed the Axis Body brace and aluminum shock towers. When I seen the VG Chassis Brace I had to add that to. It makes for one meat stout car. All in all for $50 it makes it a really tough boxed in area. Not that I busted a chassis, i'll have less fear of doing that now.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    haha I did both!!! I first installed the Axis Body brace and aluminum shock towers. When I seen the VG Chassis Brace I had to add that to. It makes for one meat stout car. All in all for $50 it makes it a really tough boxed in area. Not that I busted a chassis, i'll have less fear of doing that now.
    Are you running sway bars with the two braces? If so how much of a difference over having just sway bars?

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Are you running sway bars with the two braces? If so how much of a difference over having just sway bars?
    Yeah I' running HR sway bars. It helped really well with the handling. The Chassis & Body brace are there to keep the car rigid especially during a hard front impact.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Yeah I' running HR sway bars. It helped really well with the handling. The Chassis & Body brace are there to keep the car rigid especially during a hard front impact.
    Okay thanks. I'm debating whether to get new shocks or the chassis brace when I get paid....

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Okay thanks. I'm debating whether to get new shocks or the chassis brace when I get paid....
    What kind of driving are you doing? If you are staying mostly on road or in a wide own area I'd got with shocks first. If you are more accident prone or doing a bunch of jumping well then the VG brace.

You could always get the brace and upgrade to aluminum shock caps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    What kind of driving are you doing? If you are staying mostly on road or in a wide own area I'd got with shocks first. If you are more accident prone or doing a bunch of jumping well then the VG brace.

You could always get the brace and upgrade to aluminum shock caps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Mostly on a friends track which is set up for brushed trucks so it doesn't get a beating so I guess shocks then VG chassis brace. It will come, eventually...

RC Champion
    I just installed the brace. It pulled my whole front assembly up and back abit into its proper position again and really feels like its something that should have been in the original design. It adds a lot of support to the frame. Great product.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC poster
    Does the brace work together with traxxas swaybars and dusty motors shroud?

RC Champion
    It will work with the sway bars but not sure about the shroud.