RC Racer

Whats the Best engine for a jato

Hi guys well im back on the scene to ask u guys what u guys think would be the best engine for my jato. it currently has a 2.5r and well its getting old and its about time for a rebuild and i was thinking why not just upgrade? so what motor do u guys think can make it wheelie on demand for i have not been able to wheelie except for on time which i almost cried haaha becuase i happend out of nowhere and shoocked me lol but the motor must also be as fast or faster than a 3.3.

RC Competitor
    O.s. .21 tm check out my video's
    JATO, MERV, 4-TEC, & NITRO-VEE

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 06-11-2013 at 07:34 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I think that the 3.3 is the best all around engine for a Jato. On a dirt track it has more power than you will ever need. I even out run the fastest electrics, but that has a lot to do with my tires too. People there always ask me how I made it so fast, I can't believe nobody ever notices the tires. On pavement It will wheelie on command in 1st and 2nd and top out well over 60mph. I don't see how you could effectively use to much more power except for extreme top speeds. It will already flip over backwards if I stay in the throttle.

Before this turns into a flame war, please express your own personal experiences with Jato setups.

If you had an certain type of engine and then went with a another type, speak of the differences you noticed. If you didn't have experiences with engines you are comparing this thread will turn into a this Vs. that type thread and will get closed down....

TO the O.P.... Do you have a budget in mind? You can dump a lot of cash into a mill....
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Racer
    TRX 3.3 w/ losi carb = bulletproof in my experience...

RC Racer
    Well like 150 i was thinking of a 3.3 but my brother has one and well its tunning is very unstable we always seem to need to touch the needles but it is fast

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeviperred View Post
    Well like 150 i was thinking of a 3.3 but my brother has one and well its tunning is very unstable we always seem to need to touch the needles but it is fast
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 06-11-2013 at 05:48 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeviperred View Post
    At a budget of only $150 you have very few options
    Trx 3.3 or Dynamite .19.

Look at an engine as an investment, you can always replace broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    Well, i am only 14. Don't have a job so its a bit hard for me to get more then 150$ took long enough to save up that much alone.

RC Qualifier
    I just picked up a o.s. 18tz on eBay for $151.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Jato View Post
    I just picked up a o.s. 18tz on eBay for $151.
    I hear that they are really quick. My local hobby shop guy says its quicker than the OS .21..........please give us an update.

RC Enthusiast
    Having multiple rc cars from a few different manufacturers the best engine iv ever had was the trx 3.3. you get power, tuning, the best support around, and if ya break it you get the engine replacement plan and save a ton of dough.
    "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

RC poster
    How about this......os .21tm or the picco p9r........then ab modds or ercm with the proper ercm pipe.....just wondering cause my lil cuzin got an electric rally with the momber monster motor on you tube going 102mph I was there! Just please anybody help me keep up!! What do you think based on your own experiences .........thanks guys ......o yea money isn't a problem so anything goes! Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Ok. So ive had thr sh.18 and the trx 3.3. Different brands. The 3.3 was better than the sh in my opinion. Plus you can power up from the 2.5 for like 90$ so u get a brand new motor and carb with it. They come with the pull start tho. But with the extra money. U can buy a losi carb like he said and an ez start for it to. Hope this helps.

RC Racer
    a well tuned 3.3 is the best bet for you....I have 3.3's in my Jato and Tmaxx...both will wheelie on demand in first AND second gear.....(with proper gearing)
    http://www.facebook.com/RCDrags