RC Qualifier

Please read your own post.

Sometimes when I try to read a post it's like, what?. Punctuation would help a lot, it can get confusing when there's a hundred word sentence. If we all could just read our own words a time or two before hitting submit, it would really help a lot. Sometimes after my post comes up I read it again and see that I missed a word, or hit the wrong key and have to edit. But I at least try and sound like I'm from this planet. DoyouknowwhatImeanman

Ha ha I understand. I get some posts like this...

Posted in a REVO forum:

hey my tmax is brokn wats wrong

OR,

hey guyz i need help fixng my rc car its not wrking. help me thnx
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 05-19-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    I just love drill days daddy o!

Sent from Oser world

RC Qualifier
    I just wish I new how to spel and youse cowect wards.

Sent from Oser world

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

^ I LOL'd at that one!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Ha ha ha ha

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    I know not all of us here speak English very well or not their first language so they depend on translation thru software, it doesn't matter how good the software translator is, its how the person's (his/her) mind of how the wording put together and when translated it goes out of wack.

RC Qualifier
    English is spoken quite differently than any other language. If you try to translate most any other language to English one word at a time, it will sound like a small child to an English speaking person. I usually don't have to much trouble figuring those out. It's our English speaking friends that just cant put their thoughts into words very well.

For the love of Christmas and little green bunnies... It is "what", not "wat"...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    I've been around for a long time on various forums and I've all but given up on even bothering to correct spelling and punctuation mistakes. My mother was a college professor and my wife is a teacher so I have no choice but to look at what I type before I hit the enter key. I wish others would do the same. Some just don't care or they really cannot spell.. Not sure which but I usually just ignore those threads. One exception is posts from members who's main language isn't English. They are usually nice enough to explain that in the beginning of the post..
    Funny enough, I just read at post this morning on a diffent site and it started with my lipo battery doesn't fit in my car. Can you recommend a battery that will fit.. The first reply was great. You should know better. What kind of car do you have. dimensions of the battery etc.. Had to laugh...Some things never change..
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cenracer1 View Post
    I just read at post this morning on a diffent site
    We all make mistakes.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    We all make mistakes.
    Funny.. It wasn't a Traxxas site! But nobody's perfect!

RC Enthusiast
    They're, their, there, I always try my best.
    "Bagginses? What is a Bagginses?"

RC Racer
    This is a heavy subject on one of the auto forums I am on. I myself do not really care, but I can understand if this is something that bugs someone. We all have things for some reason that just gets under your skin.
    We are all human and do make mistakes, but I agree a little effort doesn't take too much.
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Champion
    I remember the first time I started using a forum or maybe the second time I don't know but maybe the first either way I remember because I made one really long sentence that seemed to go on and on probably the second time too but it wasn't so much the grammar useage or the way I put my words together but the first time for sure it was just how you end up going back and forth on an idea and never come to an end because you can't figure out what you are trying to say even on the second time probably the third time too!!!!!!!

...... jk

I find myself reading my posts AFTER I hit submit, then editing shortly after. I always seem to leave out a word or put an entirely wrong word in for no apparent reason! I think it's slysdexia or something...

Mistakes don't bother me, most keyboards are too tiny for my hands, so I normally have a typo or two, but I always try to proof read what I wrote for content, spelling, grammar and punctuation. But some people don't even try, or they post in the same format as they text. Those post that go on forever without a coma or period give me a headache.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have no issues with innocent spelling mistakes. We can all get past that. The 2 things that really get under MY skin are: Lack of grammar and using short form or slang words.

Honestly, the generation of kids growing up today have developed their own language thanks to the overwhelming popularity of texting VS actual writing. Kids are now starting to actually SPELL that way and its WRONG. The english language is still what it always was... so at least ATTEMPT to spell words fully and not just short form them.

IMO, this things are a simple way to show respect to the rest of the people on the forum. ESPECIALLY if your asking for advice or help. Respect the readers enough to write properly and clearly. Re-reading your posts will help a lot. No ones perfect and mistakes happen. But mistakes are only forgivable if you intended to do things correctly the first time. If you really didnt try at all and made a mistake... thats bad and makes me

FWIW, check out KSB51rl's sig line. Its pretty funny and pretty relevant to this topic.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by krallopian View Post
    I remember the first time I started using a forum or maybe the second time I don't know but maybe the first either way I remember because I made one really long sentence that seemed to go on and on probably the second time too but it wasn't so much the grammar useage or the way I put my words together but the first time for sure it was just how you end up going back and forth on an idea and never come to an end because you can't figure out what you are trying to say even on the second time probably the third time too!!!!!!!

...... jk

I find myself reading my posts AFTER I hit submit, then editing shortly after. I always seem to leave out a word or put an entirely wrong word in for no apparent reason! I think it's slysdexia or something...
    That post made my day.. I thought I was reading my 6 year olds homework.. LOL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I have no issues with innocent spelling mistakes. We can all get past that. The 2 things that really get under MY skin are: Lack of grammar and using short form or slang words.

Honestly, the generation of kids growing up today have developed their own language thanks to the overwhelming popularity of texting VS actual writing. Kids are now starting to actually SPELL that way and its WRONG. The english language is still what it always was... so at least ATTEMPT to spell words fully and not just short form them.

IMO, this things are a simple way to show respect to the rest of the people on the forum. ESPECIALLY if your asking for advice or help. Respect the readers enough to write properly and clearly. Re-reading your posts will help a lot. No ones perfect and mistakes happen. But mistakes are only forgivable if you intended to do things correctly the first time. If you really didnt try at all and made a mistake... thats bad and makes me

FWIW, check out KSB51rl's sig line. Its pretty funny and pretty relevant to this topic.
    I agree 100%.(even if you did have a couple grammatical errors and included two 'texting abbreviations" in your post.(IMO,and FWIW...hehehe...just picking on you.)
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    ...FWIW, check out KSB51rl's sig line. Its pretty funny and pretty relevant to this topic.
    What did I do now?
    Unfortunately, those of us who are good spellers, while forgiving of ESL posters, tend to get annoyed at those who don't even try. Although those who don't seem to care have convinced themselves that there are more important things in life, the truth is that we are all judged by others every second of every day, and how we speak and by extension how we write has a huge effect of how we are viewed. This may not matter much on a forum, but it is absolutely an indication of how we live our lives. Don't we each want to be held in high esteem and have the respect of others? Then should we not respect them and ourselves enough to communicate as clearly as we can? Everybody is not a Rhodes scholar or a Nobel Prize nominee, but shouldn't we try our best to BE our best?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Lets try to keep this thread positive and not inflammatory or denigrating.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier

I've read entire posts of mine and ran away from them completely.
    I like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post

I've read entire posts of mine and ran away from them completely.
    This is awesome!!! And yes, I have gotten done with a comment, read what I wrote and hit the 'Cancel' button instead of the 'Post' button.

I really have to say it annoys me to no end when someone flames on an OP who barely speaks English (mainly seen in other forums). When I find a post that is difficult to read I try to figure out if the OP doesn't speak (or write English that well), some don't take the time and just assumes the OP is dumb and blast away with both barrels. There are subtle signs that will tell you if someone is from another country, like the 'location' field by the OP's name.
    Last edited by Greatscott; 05-21-2013 at 11:15 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I definitely need to hit cancel more. What do you think ksb51rl? I always look at the location first, it really helps. It helps you figure out what there saying if you can see what country there from. To me the easiest ones to figure out are the people that don't speak any English and are translating. Because they get right to the point and it's just the little words that are missing, like or and is. I just ad those myself as I read.

RC Qualifier
    7h15 m3554g3
    53rv35 7o pr0v3
    h0w 0ur m1nd5 c4n
    d0 4m4z1ng 7h1ng5!
    1mpr3551v3 7h1ng5!
    1n 7h3 b3g1nn1ng
    17 w45 h4rd bu7
    n0w, 0n 7h15 l1n3
    y0ur m1nd 1s
    r34d1ng 17
    4u70m471c4lly
    w17h 0u7 3v3n
    7h1nk1ng 4b0u7 17,
    b3 proud! 0nly
    c3r741n p30pl3 c4n
    r34d 7h15.
    Last edited by XRated; 05-22-2013 at 02:22 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    This message serves to prove how our minds can do amazing things! impressive things! In the beginning it was hard but now, on this line your mind is reading it automatically with out even thinking about it, be proud! Only certain people can read this.

in my mind, it will translate like this
    sa aning mensahi nagpahibalo sa atong utok sa manga maanindot nga butang! nindot gyud! sa pagsugod lisud gyud kayo, peru sa aning linya ang imong utok nagabasa na bisan man wala lang huna-huna-a, barug ug taas! gamay ra ang makasabut ani.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 05-22-2013 at 02:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XRated View Post
    7h15 m3554g3
    53rv35 7o pr0v3
    h0w 0ur m1nd5 c4n
    d0 4m4z1ng 7h1ng5!
    1mpr3551v3 7h1ng5!
    1n 7h3 b3g1nn1ng
    17 w45 h4rd bu7
    n0w, 0n 7h15 l1n3
    y0ur m1nd 1s
    r34d1ng 17
    4u70m471c4lly
    w17h 0u7 3v3n
    7h1nk1ng 4b0u7 17,
    b3 proud! 0nly
    c3r741n p30pl3 c4n
    r34d 7h15.
    That's cool. I saw what you were doing on to prove, but you were right on the money. Just when I hit, on this line I didn't have to try anymore. It became clear. You make a good point, language is just a code. Everybody has their language encoded in their brains. Once you break their code, it becomes clear.

RC Champion
    7h15 m3554g3
    53rv35 7o pr0v3
    h0w 0ur m1nd5 c4n
    d0 4m4z1ng 7h1ng5!
    1mpr3551v3 7h1ng5!
    1n 7h3 b3g1nn1ng
    17 w45 h4rd bu7
    n0w, 0n 7h15 l1n3
    y0ur m1nd 1s
    r34d1ng 17
    4u70m471c4lly
    w17h 0u7 3v3n
    7h1nk1ng 4b0u7 17,
    b3 proud! 0nly
    c3r741n p30pl3 c4n
    r34d 7h15.
    Ha ha, this is cool.
    Problems.The manual's good starting point. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    I just ad those myself as I read.
    You're missing a "d" in there.

Personally, I couldn't care less about how a person chooses to type up their post. This is an on-line forum, not a cover letter or a resume that I am reviewing. At the end of the day, no one forces you to read the post--just don't read it if it bothers you that much.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-22-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Qualifier
    7h15 m3554g3
    53rv35 7o pr0v3
    h0w 0ur m1nd5 c4n
    d0 4m4z1ng 7h1ng5!
    1mpr3551v3 7h1ng5!
    1n 7h3 b3g1nn1ng
    17 w45 h4rd bu7
    n0w, 0n 7h15 l1n3
    y0ur m1nd 1s
    r34d1ng 17
    4u70m471c4lly
    w17h 0u7 3v3n
    7h1nk1ng 4b0u7 17,
    b3 proud! 0nly
    c3r741n p30pl3 c4n
    r34d 7h15.
    Oh by the way this isn't from me, I've just seen a few different ones before and thought I'd share it on this post, haha pretty cool though

RC Champion
    I remember thinking I was the coolest kid on the block back in Q3 '90s for using this, "l337 5p34k" but 15 years later I feel like such a loser...

RC Champion
    I really haven't read any post's on this forum that i couldn't understand. I'm not good at typing either, and i have left mistakes, and iv'e corrected post's about 3-4 times, because i forgot something, or misspelled a word. maybe that's why others don't bother me.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

If I dont proof, spell check, and read my posts 3 times before submitting, everyone will know how dumb I is.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    I find its not only hard to understand some of the posts due to Misspelling and grammar, but the attention span has become very limited. Sometimes you just have to go into detail and I'm amazed how only the first sentence or two is comprehended and rest is never read. The fine art of good conversation is being lost. I find you either say it in a sentence or two or send additional emails or posts.

Many of us spend a good amount of time on here, many of us are trying to help others.

All I ask is try your best to write your post as clearly as you can... Try not to be too quick to throw the "Grammer Hammer" on the people who are new here too.

I've seen people give some newer people a very hard time only to find out that person had a disability. I will mention no names but it hurt that persons feelings very much. I spent a lot of time helping them offline the forums and that member will never return thanks to some of those people who are so quick to judge....

Also keep in mind this site is present on the World Wide Web, some people come here from non-English speaking countries or English as a 2nd or 3rd language and they've had their tail jumped on.

There is a balance and we all need to show some tolerance...

It would be nice of those who are able to, to post clearly and concisely... It helps...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous