RC Qualifier

trx 3.3 rebuild help?

Alright so i think i need a new sleeve, but i have heard dont use a new sleeve without a new piston. True or not true?

Absolutely true.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    Yep they are a matched set

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    Absolutely true.
    Thanks for the quick reply snook, alright so my next question is do i have to replace my sleeve? I contacted the guy i got my jato from (the motor came with this car) and asked him what he used to get the sleeve out because there is marks, scratches and chips all over it inside and out. He said he used pliers! And do you think this is my problem why it wont start? the con-rod and crankshaft are good, looks like about 4-5 gallons have been through it. The flywheel is really hard to turn over, and when i try to start it (pull-start) it is very hard to pull the pull-start. Unlike where on my revo it is very easy to pull it.

RC Racer
    Probably not the reason why it won't start. Ensure your carb is set to stock and go from there.
    To remove the sleeve use a wooden spoon handle from the kitchen or similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xNitroAddictx View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply snook, alright so my next question is do i have to replace my sleeve? I contacted the guy i got my jato from (the motor came with this car) and asked him what he used to get the sleeve out because there is marks, scratches and chips all over it inside and out. He said he used pliers! And do you think this is my problem why it wont start? the con-rod and crankshaft are good, looks like about 4-5 gallons have been through it. The flywheel is really hard to turn over, and when i try to start it (pull-start) it is very hard to pull the pull-start. Unlike where on my revo it is very easy to pull it.
    Yea man, you need a new piston/ sleeve. When metal gets gouged it creates ridges on the sides off the scratch, if you can feel the scratch it's bad enough. Those ridges will gouge the piston and hinder it's movement. And those ridges will create hot spots that will cause pre ignition/ detonation. After a rebuild the motor will be pretty tight, but a hairdryer will help with the new/ tightness issue.

RC Qualifier
    Alright, well i just ordered a new piston & sleeve and if it doesnt fix my problem then ill just throw the piston in sleeve in one of my other dead 3.3s.