RC poster

Included spur gears?

Will the 50t spur gear make the xo-1 with stock pinion go faster then 50mph.
    I ran the car stock and it was so smooth it made 53mph feel like I was doing 40mph.

So I want to go faster but still just bashing and do not want to overheat the car by not doing fast speed runs.
    Will the included spur gear work with the small pinion or should it only be used with big pinion?

Thank you,
    Luke

RC Champion
    I think you'll be okay. Just keep an eye on the temps.

RC Enthusiast
    Isn't the stock gearing 14/46 out of the box? A 50t will actually be slower with the stock 14t pinion.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ModSquad68 View Post
    Isn't the stock gearing 14/46 out of the box? A 50t will actually be slower with the stock 14t pinion.
    You are correct. The gearing is set up for about 50 mph out of the box. Installing the 50t spur will definitely slow it down.
    Jeremy

RC poster
    Your right I did not see that until I removed the spur. So then I put the large pinion in with the large spur but it rubs the shock spring bad.
    So I went with the medium spur included with the kit and that one also rubs on shock spring but just slightly when shock is fully extended.
    I don't know how much that slowed it down, not running the small spur I still did a 83mph pass and it felt like it had alot more.

I am starting to really enjoy this car, done a few decent speed passes and kept it straight felt pretty stable once you get going.
    I have not wrecked it yet, but I know it will happen. Going at those speeds it's bound to happen.

Luke

RC Champion
    You will definitely need the 34/46 gear combo to break 100 mph.

RC poster
    what would be a good pinion to get to be able to hit around 65-70mph? this way I could keep the car a little cooler and maybe be able to do some bashing and speed runs without it getting to hot when I am just bashing in a parking lot.

RC Champion
    I'd say maybe 25 tooth would be good.

RC poster
    Thank you, I just bought a 25t

RC Champion
    Cool. Let us know how it works out.