Thread: New Slash Owner

RC poster

New Slash Owner

Hey guys, new slash owner checking in here. Just picked it up today and its still sitting in the box waiting on break in day (hopefully tomorrow). I've been doing my research with aftermarket parts and upgrades, but I'm still curious to what you guys are using, specially with rear a-arms. I know a lot of people are running STRC's billet arms, anyone have any input on them or how adjustable they are? Just trying put some feelers out there to where abouts to start sniffing around for some good parts

RC Qualifier
    Run rpm a-arms, you don't want aluminum arms or skidplates etc., caster blocks and hub/bearing carriers are good to go aluminum

RC Champion
    +1 on RPM. Aluminum Castor blocks, steering blocks, rear bearing carriers, front and rear bulkhead, and rear suspension mounts is about all you want aluminum. A arms need to have a little flex to them. If you must have aluminum, go all aluminum. Mounting aluminum to plastic will create more problems down the road.

RC poster
    Unless I somehow missed them, RPM doesn't have rear a-arms for the nitro version, only front. And I have ran aluminum on plastic on 2 of my other rc vehicles and have never had a problem with it.

RC Champion
    you would use the rear A arms for the E slash. Just flip them around and they will work fine. Part of modding is improvising and becoming familur with simularites between all models.
    You got lucky. I have destroyed cars in 1 crash.

RC Qualifier
    Yes aluminum on plastic is fine and aluminum in some places is fine

RC Champion
    I agree that aluminum on plastic is fine. You just need to be selective of whats aluminum and whats plastic. But by all meens do whatever you want. Thats how we learn.